Here's THE TEAM vs Pies

If we win by 6+ goals I’ll join lid off for a few weeks

10+ and I’ll change my avartar to lid off and be lid off for the rest of the year

7 Likes

If we win by 10 goals plus i won’t make the loo and just start fapping then and there

Will be surprised if we get close today

We don’t have the right team named if it’s going to be wet

if it’s going to be dry we will still lose.

Trelor, adams, varcoe, wells, sidebottom will kill us on the spread

vs Watson, Heppell, Parish, Goddard, Kelly, Stanton

lol

Maybe the penny will drop and we will start playing younger players after our 10 goal loss today.

Exactly I would have loved to see him in the Carlton game.

Today will tell supporters where the team are at.

Collingwood always bring the heat. That’s their trademark so Essendon should be prepared. Essendon have struggled to function under their manic pressure.

Essendon need to be the hunter and maintain the rage all game. Yeah you’d think after 4 years of crap and demonstrating resilience in the face of extreme adversity players have the mettle to go the distance today.

Go Bombers!

3 Likes

Waiting for which Essendon to turn up today

15 Likes

Line in the mud game for us today.

3 Likes

IT’S PETE LAZER TIME

2 Likes

Save me a spot

Barracks for the highest bidder.

It’s a great day to listen to Hüsker Dü.

Ok, this is how I see the game panning out …

Collingwood will start like they always do on Anzac Day, intense and swarming all over our players. They’ll kick the first couple of goals only for Essendon to arrest the onslaught and impose their will on the contest.

Scores will be level (ish) around quarter time with the second quarter being an arm wrestle. In the second half Essendon will take control of the game and kick 11 to 5, winning the game comprehensively. Only their 3rd ■■■■■■ win in 11 years!

Go Bombers!

3 Likes

Some selective player nominations there.

1 Like

It’s all dependant on our whether our one way midfield can beat their one way midfield. Whichever midfield let’s the other run riot due to lack of tackling pressure will lose.
My biggest worry with them is they have two forwards who can kick a bag that we don’t have lock down matchups for. Jamie Elliott can’t be taken by Baguley. McGrath is our best matchup on him, but we’ll go Baguley first who’ll get smashed in the air against him. Fasolo doesn’t have a set player for him either. Matt Dea would be perfect for him. Gleeson a close second, but he’s in the twos. Not sure who gets him. Maybe Ambrose is the best matchup.
Then you have Hoskin-Elliott who has chipped in with a few goals here and there this year. They have no tall for our Hurley matchup. Maybe Reid.
Moore has been studding it up this year and he’s my pick to play out of his skin.

So if our midfield is on and their midfield let us run riot, then their forward line power won’t be an issue. But if the midfield lapse for half an hour (which we’ve seen examples of all year) then we’re likely to give up a lot of goals to Fasolo, Elliott and Hoskin-Elliott.

The midfield must tackle and apply pressure on the Pies midfield otherwise we’ll lose.

To make amends for last year I’d just like to put forward the following prediction…

Sidebottom to be a non factor today.
He won’t kick any goals, and will actually struggle to find free possession.
He will be tackled hard on multiple occasions and driven into the turf, thus wiping that annoying smirk off his face permanently.

Furthermore, a number of our players will get lippy with him throughout the day (Parish a repeat offender).

1 Like

McGrath -> Elliot
Baguley -> Fasolo
Ambrose -> Moore
Hurley -> Cox
Brown -> Hoskin Elliot
McNiece -> no name 6th forward

Would be how I would start - you’d then want to be rotating a Kelly or Stanton on their 6th forward to run and create. Given Elliot’s had an interrupted pre-season he will be struggling for match fitness so McGrath (or whoever plays on him) should be looking to run & create and drag him up the ground as much as possible.

But, as with the Carlton game and every game, it starts in the middle…and if they take over on the inside - as they are likely to - then covering the outlets and outside runners, especially & particularly Sidebottom. Something we disgracefully didn’t do against the Blues as they had a player sitting off the pack all day and get the release ball out.

Just got on colyer for the medal. 51 is good value

3 Likes

Based on that learned assessment, I can see how you come to the conclusion that we cannot win. Oh well. Hope you’re either nice and snug at home with a cup a tea, or, prepared to man it up and watch our team try and win this game despite your predictions.

1 Like