Here's THE TEAM vs Whorethorn

She hasn’t been that rough with me for years

That was definitely worth it.

Are you serious? Think about what you’re doing.

At the least have someone around there in case of emergency

Dogs (Boyd, Roughead, Campbell); Eagles (Naitanui, Giles, Lycett); Swans (Tippett, Sinclair, Naismith); Tigers (Nankervis, Maric, Hampson); Hawks (McEvoy, Ceglar, Fitzpatrick); Giants (Mumford, Lobb, Simpson); Suns (Witts, Nicholls, Currie); Dockers (Sandilands, Griffin, Clarke). These clubs also have developing ruck prospects as well.

Boyd is a million dollar ruckman?

The tap ruckman is NOT a dying breed. Check the other posts which replied to this point of yours if you want examples. The tap ruckman is an essential part of the game still and always will be, even more so now that the third man up hs been banned.

Yes, SMacK does all that very well — but that is not the work of a ruckman ! It is the work of a ruck-rover who pinch-hits as a forward target when needed. It’s the good old Hughie Mitchell rôle.

We need another ruckman. I must admit I was forgetting the Nyuon debacle , but all the same, the Club — Jackets in particular — should have been pro-active in getting another ruckman, an experienced one preferably, when we were going to be relying on two injury-prone crocks like TBell and Leuey.

You might think it’s unnecessary, but I believe that the Club needs three active ruckmen — two to play and one in reserve. If they weren’t prepared to use the kid yet, they could at least have offered Jamar another year, even though he’s another old crock, rather than leave us with no replacement, apart from the rookie kid, whom they don’t dare use yet (unlike cousin McGrath). Awful planning.

I didn’t say it wasn’t necessary to have depth. If they were all fit we would have the 3 experienced (Leuy, TBell and Smack) and the developer.

But it still doesn’t shy away from the fact that rucks take ages to develop and dont necessarily work out long term.

What’s not to say that Dodoro hasn’t been chasing an experienced ruck? Once TBell and Leuy are fit we are set.

Free kick fffff Hawthorn.

What the ■■■■ does this ■■■■ know? Ban him!!!

4 Likes

Puopolo who?

Where was he tonight?
Oh well then…