Here's THE TEAM vs Whorethorn

Feeling vindicated about my best 22 thread rants, we need youth and speed.

Luey aside, that’s an awesome team.

We’re gonna win.

7 Likes

I pictured Ivan in a labrador sombrero

1 Like

Looks pretty good. Definitely skewed towards development and excitement.
Its a good starting point, it will be interesting to see if they need to bring in more tractors if this policy doesn’t work.
I wonder if Myers would have missed if he’d been fit? If not who would have missed?

Stewart’s absence probably the only surprise

I love Ambrose in the ruck. Means that hundreds and hundreds of pages in the best 22 threads were all for nothing as nobody got it!

8 Likes

That’s not the best 22 though…

When you put the players like that it’s fkn exciting! Come and get it you poos and wees coloured clowns!

2 Likes

Hocking injured?
Hopefully TBell gets another run in the 2s this week

It’s like we’re back in 2014 when Hurley was named CHF for about 15 weeks in a row and never played there.

2 Likes

Really? I thought they made it known Smack was gonna ruck so didnt even consider them playing Smack/Joe/Hooker AND Stewart.

1 Like

Fark me with No stewart if smack has a bad game we are farked. If he goes off injured then we are really farked. I like the rest of the selections thou

2 Likes

Geez it must really do you head in when the players don’t stand in the position they are named in all game.

7 Likes

Who will Hodge play on? Oh wait…

Baguley better have had a fkn haircut

31 Likes

I was in favour of Stewart because he is relatively mobile, but there is not light years between, Smack, JD, Ambrose and Stewart in the ruck. Any way you cut it we are not going to win the ruck, it’s just a matter of how much we lose it by and do we have the tactics to compensate.

I for one am happy if we can run the ball out of defense and cut them to shreds with JD, Hooker, Raz, Walla, Green, Colyer, Zaka, Zerrett or other resting mids in attack. I don’t think any of the Hawks talls are going to dominate, if we can keep the ball off Cyril and co. enough, and get the ball forward often enough, I think we’ll win.

2 Likes

Gleeson played 2015 from memory? Wasn’t he ‘marking’ Bruest when he ran into the open goal as the siren went?

1 Like

We’ve been doing it for years.

Someone at the club gets great amusement out of it. Frankly they aren’t fooling the opposition clubs so I don’t know why they bother.

apart from the stupid placement of players, sheedyesq style, only one issue for mine.

ambrose ahead of stewart.
If worst came to worst and you needed to move someone down back, you could sacrifice hooker and you’d sure up the backline, and stewart could still ruck to a better degree than ambrose.

now you gotta rely on mckernan and ambrose to ruck, and when not needed use ambrose down the backline.
It could get very ugly real quick when they dominate the middle.

1 Like

Why no Hocking

2 Likes

Coz, Coaches, … knowing stuff, … having game plans etc.

(Surely Heater is in if he’s right to go …)