Here's THE TEAM vs Whorethorn

Smack has to focus on his focus!

Oā€™Meara to have 37 possessions with 3 goals?

On the basis of who isnā€™t in the team, the VFL team is shaping up as a very real threat. Itā€™s always good to have a winning club culture, no matter if itā€™s the 1st or 2nds.

A fair bit of pressure on Baguley to hold his spot. Canā€™t help to think Howlett, Hocking or Dea might have pushed ahead of him for selection.

I will be really interested to see how the midfield defence holds up. I agree with others who have mentioned this as a weakness over the JLT series. I also think that the team selection sees Worsfold looking to the future and continuing to get games into Fantasia, Parish, Zerret, Langford and McGrath.

I think people are going to be disappointed if they expect big things of the team in the first 8 to 10 rounds. I think the coach has indicated that it is going to take time for the team to gel. I think we will improve as the season progresses.

I am excited about the forward line though. Every player seems competitive and a threat to their respective defender. Hereā€™s hoping!

3 Likes

By ANZAC Day Dea will have Baguleyā€™s spot. I so badly hope Iā€™m wrong but I donā€™t think I am.

4 Likes

According to the footy maths institute, we had the second best pre-season (How well we did Vs how well we were expected to do) whereas Hawthorn were the third worst. http://footymaths.blogspot.com.au/2017/03/post-jlt-break.html

Get around us naysayers, we got this.

3 Likes

from the other thread.

Iā€™m pretty happy with the side, given injuries.

2 Likes

Agree, I donā€™t thing McGrath is best 22 based on JLT form.

1 Like

To be honest, on JLT form I think Bags is the one who is under more pressure.

However, I find it unbelievable Dea and McKenna both only got a single JLT match each.

4 Likes

JLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJLTJL

2 Likes

How does this guy calculate his ratings

who gives a ā– ā– ā– ā–  howā€¦ He thought Collingwood missing half their midfield would smash us by 10 goals and the Gold Coast would beat us by 7. Clearly, itā€™s utter garbage.

1 Like

Itā€™s based on last seasonā€™s resultsā€¦ hence we overperformed, der.

3 Likes

If Gleesonā€™s out I wouldā€™ve preferred McKenna replace him, not any of the current three emergenciesā€¦

3 Likes

I recon Stewart may come in for Gleeson and the team shuffled around to suit.

1 Like

Dea the logical in given how tall Hawks structuring up. And probably gives more flexibility than Gleeson really given much stronger.

He can play on Gunston/Sicily/Schoenmakers ā€¦ and Bruest if he has to.

Dea was pretty much playing CHB for the Tigers when he won their VFL B&F. Plays tall.

2 Likes

It is an option, but as someone posted here earlier if Stewart plays and there talls get to much of it up fwd. We can swing Hooker back, plus we wont need to ruck Ambo or JD.

R. Schoenmakers - 3 Votes

1 Like

Where is Hocking?

1 Like

ENTER STEW