Heritage

My dad was convinced we had links to William the conquerer, but was devastated when he found out we didnt belong to a house he was associated with. So he created his own. Complete with family crest. My dad is retired.

Anyway I did a bit of research and found out there’s a fair bit of Dutch in there somewhere and some indigenous links but I don’t really identify with either. It does explain a bit of a arrogance streak at times.

Essentially I’m Australian. I’m not proud of any British heritage. Especially involving imaginary houses designed by an 80 yo retired orchardist with a lot of time to kill.

Just imagining someone from sunshine walk up to you and going ‘WHAT NASHO ARE YA?’

Italian, all the way through. Parents were born there.

Australian born to parents that were born in Macao to grandparents who are Chinese and Portuguese.

My cuisine is quite exotic.

My ancestors came from the duchy of Brabant before zee Germans scared them away to Scotland around 13th or 14th century. Became known as Braboners which was bastardised over the years to what Brem is short for.

At some point there’s a likely link to Tony Greig too. My Great Gran’s family were Griegs from a similar part of Scotland to Greigys family.

TL;DR

I’m Scottish.

Well…now that you mention it…I am the oldest living male in a line of counts…

That’s ‘counts’ with an ‘o’.

One parent Serbian, the other Croatian but Aussie born.

Just like Tony The Jugoslav in the Wogboy, “I vake up in the morning and I vont kill myself”.

Just like Tony The Jugoslav in the Wogboy, “I vake up in the morning and I vont kill myself, farking”.

FIXED

Wedding would have been good viewing

My ancestors came from the duchy of Brabant before zee Germans scared them away to Scotland around 13th or 14th century. Became known as Braboners which was bastardised over the years to what Brem is short for.

At some point there’s a likely link to Tony Greig too. My Great Gran’s family were Griegs from a similar part of Scotland to Greigys family.

TL;DR

I’m Scottish.

Dad used to be so proud of the fact we had a distant relative that played for west coast years ago, and go to great lengths to distance himself from a hawthorn ruckman on mums side of family. Both premiership players. He despises mums family so much do he refuses to accept that I am related to Ian Paton and took great joy when madden touched him up in the 80s flags. He was full to bursting however when his nephew a billion times removed Chris mainwaring was up on the dias a few years later.
Now he doesn’t talk about footy much.

Just like Tony The Jugoslav in the Wogboy, “Farking, I vake up in the morning, farking, and I farking vont to kill myself, farking bloodyshit”.

FIXED

How could I forget?

FIXED, now with added authenticity.

Well......now that you mention it.....I am the oldest living male in a line of counts....

Would never imagine making a typo.

Dad’s Aussie as and Mum is the only one of her family that was born here (the rest were England).

Dad does a lot of family history stuff and found out that I’m 13th cousins twice removed with Princess Di. So I’m pretty much royalty.

Well......now that you mention it.....I am the oldest living male in a line of counts....

You’re making that up!

At least the bit about the ‘o’

Just like Tony The Jugoslav in the Wogboy, “I vake up in the morning and I vont kill myself, farking”.

FIXED

DOMINIC, I WANT YOU TELL ME EVERYTHING FOR DRUGS FARKEN

1 Like

Seventh generation Strayin. Get around me.

Prior to that Irish, and the surname has French origins so something must have gone on there. No one wrote it down but.

My family heritage is actually related to Will the conquerer on my mum’s side.

My family heritage is actually related to Will the conquerer on my mum's side.

were you on that show where they chase up peoples family lineage?

Bitza

My parents recently did a National Geographic DNA analysis thing. It came out as Dad 55% British and 45% Dutch (which must have been 100s of years ago as Dad has traced back family history 300-400 years and no Dutch) and Mum 98% Irish 2% Scottish.

So in summary. Super white.

Both parents family names go back to the first fleet. I’m so friggin white.

Incidentally, I share a surname with a well known Australian actor. Dad always told me he was his cousin. So, I told everybody the same…

Turns out dad was full of sh*t.