Heritage

Both parents family names go back to the first fleet. I'm so friggin white.

Incidentally, I share a surname with a well known Australian actor. Dad always told me he was his cousin. So, I told everybody the same…

Turns out dad was full of sh*t.

first settlers? or convict?

Incidentally, I share a surname with a well known Australian actor. Dad always told me he was his cousin. So, I told everybody the same…

Dirty bread-stealing convicts.

1/4 English (via India)
1/4+1/4 Irish (two sources)
1/4 Italian (1880s boat people, a large proportion dying on the way here, rescued by Sir Henry Parkes — see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Rays_Expedition)

I nearly married the daughter of an Indian via England and a Palestinian via Rhodesia (no, I don’t understand the latter either). Not sad to have missed out on having the ultimate Jewish mother-in-law…

not just a front to reduce the ranga population?

not just a front to reduce the ranga population?

Probably.

"Let’s send these gingers to where there is heaps of sun. That’ll show them that being different is unacceptable. "

So you’re not related to Craig McLachlan?

I’m part giggaboo. But which part I’m not sure.

Any jungle bunny?
Rugby tours

Italian, all the way through. Parents were born there.

Funny that, you look so Russian.

But now I look at your name and think it isn’t a name so much as two colours.

Or maybe you are a black russian …

Hope it’s not Robert Hughes.

Goodness, that got dark quickly.

I said Actor, not highly successful musician.

Some people can be both Hughesy!

B)

Some people can be both Hughesy!

B)

Does Dogs in Space really count though?

Irish and scottish. Paternal great great grandfather arrived from ireland in 1858 iirc. The family theory is that he wanted to marry a Scot presbyterian so he told catholic ireland where to stick it, came out here and married her. Interestingly, despite his issues with the church, he is buried in the Roman Catholic section of the cemetery, his wife is not. They lost a young daughter to a drowning incident and she too is buried with the RC’s. But all other decendents (at least the ones who stayed in the area) are with their mother. Some of the family went to Broken Hill. One branch went to Quorn in South Aus. Some went to South Africa. All were pastoralists and/or blacksmiths. One became Sidney Kidmans station manager and was a well known stockman.

Mums side is more complicated. Her mother was adopted out, spent her youth in an orphanage and much heartache has ensued from that. I do have relo’s in northern Tassie - Burnie mainly - but i know little of them. The couple i met may well have passed away by now.

Doing family history can be a highly addictive and expensive hobby. Mrs.Two Dogs and I have been extensively, ahem, misled by previous family members as to our origins but anyway. Irish/English/Italian on mine and Prussian Jews/English in hers.

Doing family history can be a highly addictive and expensive hobby. Mrs.Two Dogs and I have been extensively, ahem, misled by previous family members as to our origins but anyway. Irish/English/Italian on mine and Prussian Jews/English in hers.

So, a bit of a mongrel, then?

Has anyone done the DNA test to see their heritage. Mrs Fox is doing it at present, and given her darkish complexion and that the Family come from outback NSW, we reckon there is some indigenous thing going on there.

It will be interesting as most of her Family who still live up there, are great fans of Pauline Hansen.

My dad is old school racist to the point he’s proud of it. I have mentioned I am aware of a remote possibility there are indigenous bloodlines but I have deliberately kept pretty vague about which side of the family these can be traced to.
■■■■■■ him right off.

Goodness, that got dark quickly.

You’re thinking of Robert Hues.