Hird. Pressure is mountain

I loved Hird as a player and worshipped him growing up, but since coming in he has gone about completely destroying this club.

Whether we are guilty or innocent with the WADA crap he is the one that brought it into the club. He put us in that position. Dank, Robinson, whoever else had a hand in it were working under him. To now use it as an excuse for our poor performances is pathetic, it’s still his fault anyway.

Before this job he had absolutely no coaching credentials. He was a great player, but we gave him full controlbased on what? The fact he said a few things when commentating? That he was on Fox Footy? These lack of coaching credentials are now being shown up. He’s overrated our list and is refusing to change and adapt.

The worst part of it all is that football is just not enjoyable anymore. Off the field he has put us in the biggest drama in the clubs history, on the field he refuses to let the guys play. Hibberd and Dempsey at their best are All Australian and now second guess themselves, Bellchambers was once one of the best ruckmen in the comp and now gets dropped. Carlisle was going to be an All Australian before his confidence got destroyed by playing him in a forward line that gets no opportunity.

We have talent on every line but he has us playing to “stay in games” rather than smash them apart ourselves.

Fully expect to cop it for being negative and “hating the club”, but I only write it because I love the club and used to look forward to watching us play, even if we lost. This was the first WA game in I don’t know how long I haven’t been to, I didn’t even look for tickets.

The fans have stood by the club throughout absolutely everything and it’s time for the club to make some tough decisions.

No one man is bigger than this CLUB, speaking of the club, let me ask this, where the were the CLUB, when the crap hit the fan for the EFC? Busy running for cover, busy covering their own backsides, busy selling staff and players down the river. The CLUB is made up of people and some of them, have shown, they are not trustworthy, honest or loyal in a crisis.

One man was left standing and fighting for the players of this club legally and at his own expense and today is fighting for the players. The CLUB begged James Hird not to sue the AFL and ASADA to drop legal action and take the fall to save the club, to take responsibility for them and to save the players from bans. He did that at great personal cost to himself and his family. Within a matter of weeks the CLUB then attempted to stab him in the back, banned him from the Creighton and attempted to install another coach.

For that much James Hird, needs to be acknowledged not disrespected. Where were the other men/women you are talking about rustyj??? And; I’m not talking about the slick talkers and game players supposedly doing worthless deals with the AFL to fix it for the players. Successful deals, sure were!!! Short memories, some sure have!!!

Culture, Integrity, Tradition, remember those words.

How was suing the AFL going to save the players again?

It was more about how the investigation by the AFL/ASADA was carried out. You already know that. Obviously for you, it was perfectly o.k. to falsify testimony, withhold information, lie and leave relevant testimony out completely. The EFC were happy to let it ride and just go with the AFL's suggestions. And; where has got the players and the club?

Oh and I forgot the most important ingredient of all, LOYALTY. Ask David Evans he knows all about it.

Its ASADA that prosecute the player’s. The ASADA law suit failed. If the AFL law suit hadn’t been dropped the club was going to be stood down from the 2014 season. So it would have got the players suspended for a year.

If Hird and Demetriou didn’t go to war with each other in the media then it probably would have been thrown out in 2013. At least it would have stood a better chance seeing we had the AFL and the government on side and McDevitt wasn’t around.

But whatevs. Can’t change the past. We have to suck it up now.

Give it a rest Dodga. Seriously.

No one man is bigger than this CLUB, speaking of the club, let me ask this, where the were the CLUB, when the crap hit the fan for the EFC? Busy running for cover, busy covering their own backsides, busy selling staff and players down the river. The CLUB is made up of people and some of them, have shown, they are not trustworthy, honest or loyal in a crisis.

One man was left standing and fighting for the players of this club legally and at his own expense and today is fighting for the players. The CLUB begged James Hird not to sue the AFL and ASADA to drop legal action and take the fall to save the club, to take responsibility for them and to save the players from bans. He did that at great personal cost to himself and his family. Within a matter of weeks the CLUB then attempted to stab him in the back, banned him from the Creighton and attempted to install another coach.

For that much James Hird, needs to be acknowledged not disrespected. Where were the other men/women you are talking about rustyj??? And; I’m not talking about the slick talkers and game players supposedly doing worthless deals with the AFL to fix it for the players. Successful deals, sure were!!! Short memories, some sure have!!!

It was more about how the investigation by the AFL/ASADA was carried out. You already know that. Obviously for you, it was perfectly o.k. to falsify testimony, withhold information, lie and leave relevant testimony out completely. The EFC were happy to let it ride and just go with the AFL's suggestions. And; where has got the players and the club?

Oh and I forgot the most important ingredient of all, LOYALTY. Ask David Evans he knows all about it.

Its ASADA that prosecute the player’s. The ASADA law suit failed. If the AFL law suit hadn’t been dropped the club was going to be stood down from the 2014 season. So it would have got the players suspended for a year.

If Hird and Demetriou didn’t go to war with each other in the media then it probably would have been thrown out in 2013. At least it would have stood a better chance seeing we had the AFL and the government on side and McDevitt wasn’t around.

But whatevs. Can’t change the past. We have to suck it up now.

Is there any way to block a thread so you don’t see when it’s got new posts?

Need more ex-coaches that used to coach bottom 4 sides.

Fair chance that Hird might have the title bottom 4 coach soon.

I’m not sure why all the angst directed toward people like Neeld. Yeah sure, it didn’t work out for him at Melbourne but when he got that job he was touted as one of the best assistant coaches going around. Pretty sure that wouldn’t have changed.

I also find it weird that when Melbourne were crap under Neeld it was all his fault because he was the head coach but now when Essendon aren’t going well it’s not the head coach’s fault; it’s Neeld’s again.

Unfortunately these ppl would follow Hird off a cliff, the same sort of thing he is doing to our proud club now.
Ours proud club, when it was time to stand and support they crumbled, they looked for an easy way out, some walked, some disappeared from view but few had the guts to remain. Our proud club is made up of people, not one person, who has been used as a battering ram for every unpleasant thing that has occurred at Essendon Football Club in the past years.

Be proud, shut up and support.

That's why I have been a paid member for 25 years and supported the flight plan with a donation......you are right, the club is not one person so we need to ensure that Hird is dealt with in the same manner as any other coach might, measured only by performance and not given any free rides by supporters or the club......no one man is bigger than the club

Spot on!!

Oh really?

Yes surprisingly

I’m not sure why all the angst directed toward people like Neeld. Yeah sure, it didn’t work out for him at Melbourne but when he got that job he was touted as one of the best assistant coaches going around. Pretty sure that wouldn’t have changed.

I also find it weird that when Melbourne were crap under Neeld it was all his fault because he was the head coach but now when Essendon aren’t going well it’s not the head coach’s fault; it’s Neeld’s again.

Unfortunately these ppl would follow Hird off a cliff, the same sort of thing he is doing to our proud club now.
Ours proud club, when it was time to stand and support they crumbled, they looked for an easy way out, some walked, some disappeared from view but few had the guts to remain. Our proud club is made up of people, not one person, who has been used as a battering ram for every unpleasant thing that has occurred at Essendon Football Club in the past years.

That's why I have been a paid member for 25 years and supported the flight plan with a donation......you are right, the club is not one person so we need to ensure that Hird is dealt with in the same manner as any other coach might, measured only by performance and not given any free rides by supporters or the club......no one man is bigger than the club

Yes, you are right, no one man is bigger than the club. But it’s those singular men who make a club great and give it a soul. I want a club that stands for something. I want a club that holds dear the values of hard work, pride in it’s people, fairness, loyalty, integrity. I am a proud Essendon supporter and member. I am also a proud Hird supporter. To me he embodies these values, and now more than ever we need people like this in our club. Yes we all want success, and I believe it will come again, but do you want success without a soul? If so you may as well support the AFL commission.

Hear, here.

Spot on!!

Oh really?

Love it when the “no individual is bigger than the club” bus is rolled out time and again. Not sure who ever said otherwise. Don’t let the fact that it is completely missing the point get in the way of telling us it is exactly the point though. Coz the rest of us have no idea. Rustyj and DKP should start their own forum.

Spot on!!

Dont worry guys, Hird Hooker and Thompson said we have an easy run home to the finals…

All is well now

Yes, you are right, no one man is bigger than the club. But it’s those singular men who make a club great and give it a soul. I want a club that stands for something. I want a club that holds dear the values of hard work, pride in it’s people, fairness, loyalty, integrity. I am a proud Essendon supporter and member. I am also a proud Hird supporter. To me he embodies these values, and now more than ever we need people like this in our club. Yes we all want success, and I believe it will come again, but do you want success without a soul? If so you may as well support the AFL commission.

Imagine a club full of rustyJs…now that would be sumpin!

RustyJ “no one man is bigger than the club”. But Hird is not one man, He and his father and grand father are a Dynasty ,and more Hirds on there way through… FREE ride you say he is getting HMMMM pretty bumpy road laidened with’ RustyJ’ nails and pot holes if you ask me…

Just as no one man is fully responsible for practices put in place by the club. Equation balanced.

It's going to be interesting picking which new troll is damnation's new name.
He should stop mentioning finals are still on the agenda and just focus on getting the team playing good football.

just answering a direct question…he is going to say the obvious to be positive. don’t read too much into headline

You can be positive without placing undue pressure on yourself and the team.

Well the players think the same though as per Zaka and Goddard quotes before hird even spoke

Well they are 2 players that need to lift if it is possible, but at 4-7 I don’t think it is. Especially the way we are playing and we have absolutely no forwardline capable of producing a score over 100 points a game.

read what Hird actually said.

I did…he should have said we aren’t thinking finals but improving our performances as a team. If it happens it happens but it is not a focus.

I dont think you did
"We still think it’s possible but at the moment we’re not worried about whether we make the finals or don’t make the finals.

“We have to play a certain way and get our players playing to a certain ability and that’s what we’re focusing on.”
Unquote - AAP 23JUN

troll

Tart

Fairly and taking all the relevant circumstances into account.

The whole club need to stand together and that includes the Board.

BIG NEWS!

James Hird, our spiritual leader of the football club, has resigned for another 10 years.

This is a win win for both parties.

Cheers,
-Lac

He’s been resigned to his fate all year, Blitz has informed me.
But has he resigned or re-signed.