Hitting a Cyclist = 9 months ban from driving

She has learnt nothing. Needs a decent lesson.

Half an hour with Robert Hughes?

She has learnt nothing. Needs a decent lesson.

Half an hour with Robert Hughes?

No he likes them slighty younger

It's dangerous to walk down the street these days. People walking along tapping their phones are a nuisance. Seen too many people bump into each other and cause accidents. When will people learn.

■■■ LIKE I JUST LIKE HIT A GUY AND ALMOST KILLED HIM AND LIKE HE DAMAGED MY CAR. I BETTER CALL THE COPS BUT LIKE FIRST LET ME TAKE A #SELFIE.

#YOLO

But seriously check out her Facebook page.

Would hit!

Young, very stupid, and partially attractive is not a very healthy combination.

Sounds like a perfect combo for some scenarios.

Would not have happened if cyclists paid rego.

Just sayin’.

I may be on my pat malone here, but imo it is safer for cyclists (and this only applies to multi lane roads) to behave like a slow travelling car (and be treated thus) and effectively use up the entire left lane.

This should force cars to move lanes entirely to pass rather than cutting the lanes in half for 20m to get around the bike.

Pains me to say this given how often I rage at people doing 10km under the speed limit lol

FFS, don't start blaming the victim.

This idiot should be made to ride a bike around Melbourne city streets for a year.

She needs a major dose of empathy.

I may be on my pat malone here, but imo it is safer for cyclists (and this only applies to multi lane roads) to behave like a slow travelling car (and be treated thus) and effectively use up the entire left lane.
This should force cars to move lanes entirely to pass rather than cutting the lanes in half for 20m to get around the bike.
Pains me to say this given how often I rage at people doing 10km under the speed limit lol

Separate argument altogether.

Indeed. Wasn’t topic worthy. Only topic derailing worthy lol

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/cyclist-dies-after-crashing-into-opened-car-door-in-highett/story-fni0fit3-1226944580652

A CYCLIST has died after a driver opened his car door into the rider‘s path on a notoriously narrow busy shopping strip in Melbourne‘s southeast.

Not sure you need to report that it was a 'notoriously narrow busy shopping strip' - unless you are trying to draw attention to the reader that the driver should be expecting other traffic in the area?

Sadly it reads, that they are sympathising with the Driver. Like most mainstream reporting, regarding cyclist.

Tragic loss of life, easily avoided if the driver was not so irresponsible 

Moving away from the isolated issues, I blame the failure of infrastructure on Victorian roads to manage cyclist and drivers. While not all cyclists are c***s many are and they weave through traffic, jump signals and break the rules. And the same can be said for drivers. The two cannot work together and there needs to be an isolated existence or as someone has alluded to a provision of cyclists to be part of the road. 

The issues mainly lie in congested areas and for that cyclists should have their own lane(like notable European cities like Amsterdam).

Stop the apple before the tree has been planted.

One of the best things about Zhuhai is that there are bike lanes on most of the main streets. l could ride for hours and hours very easily without ever needing to leave a bike lane. Most of them are tree lined for shade as well. They are also quite wide between 4 - 5 m most of them. 

http://www.warwickdailynews.com.au/news/police-raid-home-over-cyclists-hit-and-run-death/2290098/

Police raid home over cyclist'■■■■■ and run death
<div style="color:rgb(141,141,141);font-family:'Open Sans', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div style="font-size:11px;"><span>16th Jun 2014 10:20 AM</span></div>
</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
	STORY TOOLS
<div style="text-align:center;">&nbsp;</div>
<div style="text-align:center;">
<div><a  class=""><span style="color:rgb(141,141,141);">0</span></a><a  class=""><span style="color:rgb(141,141,141);">0</span></a>
</div>
<div></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>

<a  class="" href="http://rightsportal.copyright.com.au/Pages/RepublicationPage.aspx?PublicationType=News">USE THIS CONTENT</a>
</div>
</div>
<div style="margin-left:0px;">

RELATED ITEMS
<ul  class=""><li><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.warwickdailynews.com.au/news/top-crime-fighter-earn-half-million/2291287/'>Top crime fighter to earn almost half a million each year</a></li>
</ul></div>
9-2367720-twb130614truck03_t460.jpgA truck forensically examined by police investigating the hit and run death of a cyclist near Inglewood.Kevin Farmer

A KINGSTHORPE home has been searched and items seized as a part of a police investigation into the hit and run death of cyclist Dr Martin Pearson.

Police on Thursday seized a truck and trailer in the Oakey area and took it to a Newtown holding yard for forensic examination.

Darling Downs District Crime Group officer Detective Acting Inspector Paul Hart said officers also searched a Kingsthorpe home on Thursday afternoon.

He said police were yet to formally interview anyone over the recent development in the case.

ONLINE TODAY

"At this point we are satisfied with progress of the investigation," Det. Act. Insp. Hart said.

"We still have the vehicle in our possession.

"A number of examinations are taking place."

Dr Pearson was cycling between Inglewood and Millmerran on April 25 when he was hit by a vehicle which did not remain at the scene of the collision.

In another article it mentions it as a flat a wide road, mid afternoon. Disgusting that the driver did not stop for a hit and run. Pig of a human

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/cyclist-dies-after-crashing-into-opened-car-door-in-highett/story-fni0fit3-1226944580652

A CYCLIST has died after a driver opened his car door into the rider‘s path on a notoriously narrow busy shopping strip in Melbourne‘s southeast.

Not sure you need to report that it was a 'notoriously narrow busy shopping strip' - unless you are trying to draw attention to the reader that the driver should be expecting other traffic in the area?

Sadly it reads, that they are sympathising with the Driver. Like most mainstream reporting, regarding cyclist.

No it doesn't, that is part is there as a broader reflection on getting that strip fixed rather than assigning blame to anyone.  If you read further it says the below, clearly they are linking the statement through that quote.   The emphasis is on fixing that black spot area.
“Through the shopping precinct it‘s very narrow and very dangerous with trucks and buses going through there all the time,” he said.

“In my opinion there should only be parking on one side and it should be reduced to 40km/h instead of 60km/h.”

No it doesn't, that is part is there as a broader reflection on getting that strip fixed rather than assigning blame to anyone.  If you read further it says the below, clearly they are linking the statement through that quote.   The emphasis is on fixing that black spot area.
“Through the shopping precinct it‘s very narrow and very dangerous with trucks and buses going through there all the time,” he said.

“In my opinion there should only be parking on one side and it should be reduced to 40km/h instead of 60km/h.”

I am not sure your quotes actually relate to this incident

1. The cyclist was not hit by a truck or bus, but by a door opened 

2. What does the speed limit have to do with this incident? The man was a local rider, riding an electric bike -  which are legislated to cut at 25km/h

So essentially those quotes are irrelevant to this situation.

In fact the driver, was aware that this was a busy shopping strip for other traffic and should of been expecting other road users. Just a sad loss of life that could of been avoided if the driver was responsible. 

Plenty of electric bikes go a whole lot faster than 25kph. Not saying this was the case here though.

I've seen a couple at 40+ kph on an up-slope, and you're busting your gut on the roadie just to keep up!

I am not sure your quotes actually relate to this incident

1. The cyclist was not hit by a truck or bus, but by a door opened 

2. What does the speed limit have to do with this incident? The man was a local rider, riding an electric bike -  which are legislated to cut at 25km/h

So essentially those quotes are irrelevant to this situation.

In fact the driver, was aware that this was a busy shopping strip for other traffic and should of been expecting other road users. Just a sad loss of life that could of been avoided if the driver was responsible. 

Geepers man did you READ the article?  The quote is from a bike store owner and the speed is related to lowering the CAR speed limit in the area and removing one side of the street parking to widen the area and give more space so that bike riders do not have to ride so close to parked cars due to congestion thereby reducing the likely-hood of being hit by an opening door.
Why is that so hard to understand from the way the article is written?