It's time to move back to the MCG

They’re in Tassie. :smirk:

Yes, I thought I’d put Perth in as an option, but they obviously seceded before the poll was published.

2 Likes

Never been to Utas in Launceston, but I really like Blundstone in Hobart. Great little ground. Farking cold though. And of course you’re watching the rattlers.

Tend to agree. That’s why I put them in. Some about the Stand positions, and the prevailing wind seems to really make some ground positions much better for attacking or defending.

No parochialism here but utas is better just without that southerly off the Derwent as a starter.

We are cosy in comparison- rarely watch hawthorn but love watching hurricanes

Pffftt, … now you’re trying to tell us you get Hurricanes in Tassie, . lol.

You get some abominable Weather, (I’ve been out in a 60 ft Shark Boat amongst it), … but Hurricanes??, …no.

And they’d be Cyclones anyway. :smirk:

You’d think so wouldn’t you.

Just remember our state mascot is Warner Bros syndicated, and we have to ring the bat phone whenever we want to refer to it

2 Likes

One has a dead pocket that makes the Football Park dead pocket look like just hitting the corner square on the backboard and getting NBN.
And it’s not just a pocket.
It’s a flank.
It’s a wing.
Civilisations could be lost without a trace there.

The other one is just kick long or run it.
But no-one ever seems to figure out either of them until half way through the third.

1 Like

Last season l watched a game at UTAS and the ground surface looked utterly magnificent, perfect for football.

2 Likes

And locals umpires.

Travel?

Bigger grounds which have more space will suit our handball style (probably why richmond are so damn good at the G)

LOL. You must be fun at party’s.

1 Like

Is it just me or is playing to conditions a lost art?

1 Like

It’s actually best focusing on getting the game on our terms and playing the way we want to play.

Yes, that seems to be the focus.

I’m not at all sure it’s the right mentality?

I assume you are T.T.P. and mean parties.

3 Likes

Most people assume that cyclones or hurricanes only refer to named tropical storms, which are the most damaging. However, in meteorological terms, most lows that we see passing through Southern Australia including Tasmania that produce much rain and wind are cyclones.

Do you remember the Victorian Desalination Plant that we started building in 2007? It was finished late, and had late finishing penalty clauses in the contract. But there were delays allowed for certain events including extreme weather from cyclones. When the government met the contractors in court to settle on how much delay was allowed under the contract, they were surprised to find out that much of the rainy weather that occurred during the construction was weather due to a cyclone, and therefore constituted an allowed delay to the contract finish date. This let the contractors avoid most of the late penalty expenses they would otherwise have had to pay.

6 Likes

Wow.

Now that, is what I call a good Blitz post. Informative, erudite, humble, and, actually interesting.

Top shelf Glu. I did not know that.:ok_hand:

1 Like

LOL. You must of been fun at parties.

2 Likes