Honest question. What do we have to do to get out of our situation?

Defence first and learn to score once you have clean possession without giving it back. No team has won a premiership in the last 10 years without that mindset. Hawks used to let you get through and kick to their half backs, Richmond let through the clearance so they could rebound from the clearance kick, Eagles had the web, Melbourne have 2 fullbacks sitting deep.

We have attacking mids and half backs who think we’ll win every even contest behind the footy. Laugh out loud, we’re a joke.

6 Likes

I said it ages ago that we need the AFL to step in the club is just not capable of turning things around

1 Like

Trade McGrath and Shiel whilst they have value for draft picks

Commence full rebuild

Sack X, Dodo and Rutten

Merrett as Captain whilst Heppell plays VFL

Hire Clarkson to implement a game plan and put him on a performance contract and we will play finals within 3 years.

5 Likes

Yup, I think we have been bad for so long that we have a whole generation of players and staff who don’t know success and how to achieve it. We need someone from external to figure it out for us.

2 Likes

That’s where I’ve been for a while.
Won’t happen in one big hit though.
Which is what’s needed.

We (fans and club) do not have the patience of a long proper rebuilt. Everywhere.

We have a messiah complex. One person will fix it all. It doesn’t happen that way.

2 Likes

Oh, I have the patience for a long rebuild now… what I worry is we can’t find the right people to get it done.

4 Likes

Just to make it really clear, is the game plan the players must adhere to the one by the coach we would be seeking other coaches to replace? Who tells the players the negotiations are suspended? The sacked CEO or the sacked recruiting manager?

2 Likes

Ace man wants to sack Sheedy!

1 Like

We’ve wasted every next year for a decade now.
How often have we said, ‘it’ll be different next year’. Or, ‘it’ll be different when we don’t have injuries’.

2 Likes

Burn it down to the ground.

Need to replace recruiting team.
Dodoro finds some good players, but doesn’t know how to build a team.

2 Likes

I agree it looks like we haven’t fallen into that trap again (maybe recruiting Kelly is a sign we thought we would be contending)

The thread was made referencing why we keep going through the same cycle every 2 years. This is the main reason why

We don’t have a Sydney recruiting team that I could trust to identify good players consistently later in the draft. We need to hit the top end repeatedly for a couple of years to give us the best chance of getting some guns

It always was a development year.

Yeap he can drink red wine from home

Another young team. We are playing the kids and that means inconsistency
The only way they will learn is by playing
So harden up

7 Likes

Well we are on track for that this year.

1 Like

If the Knights-era ■■■■■■ the Worsfold era and had a baby then today would be it.

No defensive pressure (minus the scoring) meets lack of strategy and identity.

5 Likes

Who honestly cares anymore, I’m grateful I was barely old enough for 93 and remember 00 well.

For the rest of you who were too young for 2000, just move on and follow another sport

4 Likes

The timing of sacking to Richardson was the most amateur thing I’ve seen this club do in 10 years.

1 Like

Get rid of Heppell, Xavier, Rutten and Dodoro