Hope and positive thinking

So…I have noticed so many upset and angry people about the decision this morning.

Whilst feeling the same way, I am feeling positive about it too. And here’s why.

This is a watershed moment for the future of the club. Make no mistake about this. We have chance to set up our future direction starting from today.

So how can it be done?

First thing to do is to immediately extend John Worsfold’s contract to a 5 year deal. The start of a 5 year plan.

Next step is to truly see how good these elite youngsters we have drafted and moulded in the last few seasons are. I’m calling this Baby Bombers Mark 3.

Will there be pain? Quite possibly. But, as with previous incarnations of the baby Bombers, any pain is surely shortlived.

Let us all embrace this chance.

How about we wait and see how Worsfold goes about developing the kids and then integrating the senior players back into the team in 2017 before extending his contract. Guy McKenna would probably be the best coach for a us right now.

I see the positives you mention, but at the same time it’s hard to be positive when thinking about Jobe/Hepp/Hooker/Hurley/Hocking/Stants etc missing a year of footy when they didn’t do anything wrong. That’s what makes us sad/angry the most. I don’t think we really GAF about losing games.

The club is farked and supporters are heart broken, this thread will only ■■■■ people off. Just let people be angry as they should be!!

Nope. Burn it all to the ground first, then and only then, and then only MAYBE, we can start fresh again.

Of course, this will not happen.

Edit: I mean burn the AFL, not the club.

I can’t do it.

Sorry, folks.

The only point we’ve managed the club and it’s interest worse than 2012 was in 2013. And 2014. Oh and 2015. And, most likely, 2016.
But I’m sure you’re all right, we’ll get through it, yada yada yada.

■■■■ em. The club, from the top down, is not not willing to fight. I can’t help them with that. And I’m not going to line up behind them and cop it, year on year.

I thought our watershed moment was at the end of 2013.

There’s optimism and there’s naivete. This will be a lot of pain. And no, for once, let’s NOT prematurely extend a coach’s contract.

So...I have noticed so many upset and angry people about the decision this morning.

Whilst feeling the same way, I am feeling positive about it too. And here’s why.

This is a watershed moment for the future of the club. Make no mistake about this. We have chance to set up our future direction starting from today.

So how can it be done?

First thing to do is to immediately extend John Worsfold’s contract to a 5 year deal. The start of a 5 year plan.

Next step is to truly see how good these elite youngsters we have drafted and moulded in the last few seasons are. I’m calling this Baby Bombers Mark 3.

Will there be pain? Quite possibly. But, as with previous incarnations of the baby Bombers, any pain is surely shortlived.

Let us all embrace this chance.

You are joking paz, please tell me it is so. Fark the Club today, Jobe Watson career is done, Brownlow flushed down the toilet, and champions like Hurley, Heppell, Hooker and Stanton get reamed up the bum.

We care about justice and a fair go, and this is none of that.

Classic paz

We lose a year of key players who are hitting their prime, punishing them for something that wasnt their fault. Wouldnt be surprised if most of them decide to move on as free agents next year. Hardly think thats a good base for a rebuild, but hey at least you seem to be coping in your own way…

This is working well

Whatever happens with lawsuits between players and club/AFL we can never waiver in support for the current 12.

We nees to follow their progress and find out where they’re training together so we can go and support in big numbers, They need us more now than ever before. #backourboys

Best case scenario

We troll the afl 2016 season and give the afl and wada exactly what they’ve set up for themselves.

play ALL THE KIDS

2017 comes and we have a full seasons worth of experience into Parish, Francis, Laverde, Langford, TIPPA

2016 is spent with all our exciting new kids who will be the backbone of our future past any more ■■■■■■■■ moron fuckwits deciding our future. IT IS DONE we are our own family again now with no cowards holding anything over us.

Let’s take this chance that the AFL has given us to show them what the game is supposed to be about (THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT THE CAS HAS DONE TO THE GAME TODAY) and show a bunch of excited young men pull on a jumper for an institution as old as this city and it’s people and play the greatest game in the world not for a premiership, not for the afl, but for the love of the ■■■■■■■ game. Because bigger than essendon is the attack the CAS and AFL has made on the game and we are in prime position to show those ■■■■■ what this game is actually about, fun and mateship, something CAS and the AFL has ripped from the entire league and every team and player in it of today and for the 2016 season.

Let’s let our football do the talking, the best part of this is knowing we don’t have a chance, going back to basics and being a team with the most worries to having none, not even winning, and being able to go back to basics of just going to the footy to watch your team’s players young, old or new, pull on that jumper, play the game that they love and tell their story on the field where they feel most alive.

I have no doubt about the resilience of this club and it’s playing group, and I truly believe we will be the stronger for this crime against us and the league.

go the bombers.

I would honestly rather the club didn’t field a side.
If that means putting Dean Wallis at CHB and Doc Reid in the forward pocket, so be it.
■■■■ the AFL.
They don’t want our team, don’t give them a team. They’re making dollars off it, whether we’re any good or not.

I can't do it.

Sorry, folks.

The only point we’ve managed the club and it’s interest worse than 2012 was in 2013. And 2014. Oh and 2015. And, most likely, 2016.
But I’m sure you’re all right, we’ll get through it, yada yada yada.

■■■■ em. The club, from the top down, is not not willing to fight. I can’t help them with that. And I’m not going to line up behind them and cop it, year on year.

What would you have us do as of 9am this morning?

I would honestly rather the club didn't field a side. If that means putting Dean Wallis at CHB and Doc Reid in the forward pocket, so be it. ■■■■ the AFL. They don't want our team, don't give them a team. They're making dollars off it, whether we're any good or not.

There are all sorts of reasons why that is not possible.

on ya paz

I have a feeling that the Lid On thread will be a lonely, desolate place in 2016.

^That should please you.

I have a feeling that the Lid On thread will be a lonely, desolate place in 2016.

You mean lid off