Hopper and Kennedy-GWS

I could be wrong but the year before they landed Dangerfield they finished 10th and asked for AFL assistance as they made a loss for the year

Reckon they have got a Sydney situation up there in which they cant afford to have a rebuild

I think they have to trade because Ablett still has 1 year left on his contract with Gold Coast.

1 Like

Interesting to see what he is worth trade wise at his age
Still should command a 2nd round pick you would think

Yes it will be interesting, especially considering the state his body is in, they wouldnā€™t want to risk too much.

2 Likes

Iā€™d imagine itā€™d be more like a pick 50 for Ablett and pick 60 type situation. I know heā€™s Ablett, but heā€™s 33 and if rumours are to be believed is either geelong or retiring.

Both free agents

1 Like

Pfft, itā€™s the Gold Coast. Theyā€™ll be after a package of Dangerfield, Hawkins and Geelongā€™s first pick from now until the end of time.

Until the last hour of trade week, when they swap Ablett for a toastie.

4 Likes

Hasnā€™t Gary said he will sit out the year if they donā€™t trade him?

Lol apparently his contract was front loaded too. Class act.

4 Likes

Both Menzel and Motlop are free agents.

Isnā€™t the bigger issue salary? I understood heā€™s has a significant salary in 2018, and GC will have to pay it out. So either Geelong take the salary hit, or they give GC a good enough pick for them to take the salary impact.

This is also GC, who are a bit crazy with trading contracted players. Theyā€™ve done very well at the trade table (Caddy aside).

Oh, ok. Salary would make sense.

Doubt Hopper will be going will anywhere. GWS rate him extremely highly and IMO so they should, will be a cracking player.

ā€œOther team linked to anyoneā€ = ā€œwhy canā€™t essendon get anything done?ā€ Has started early this year.

2 Likes

Apparently Gold Coast paid a lot of his contract up front. Thatā€™s why they are bleeding.

1 Like

Iā€™m calling bulldust on the entire Sam McClure article.
For a club that had to apply for special compensation to bring in Zac Tuohy last year, how will they get the pieces to trade in 3 players that will all command a late first/early second round pick?
Just a another sensationalised article by a journalist trying to become relevant.

2 Likes

Must have got the idea from Judas Ryder.

3 Likes

Has Hopper really done anything since his stunning first game?

1 Like

Not a lot

Personally I would take Kelly over both Hopper and Kennedy, everyday of the week. I donā€™t think either of them have shown enough to be drooled over.

1 Like