Hopper and Kennedy-GWS

I suspect he could be gettable. He’s contracted though so not sure what we would give up.

I doubt he would be on big coin even though he was a number 1 pick because there is only so much you can pay all the players they have.

I was intrigued when he said that when he was doing his 6 months suspension he moved back here to Victoria. I know he wasn’t allowed around the club but still I’m sure moving home permanently would have crossed his mind.

The retiring players will make ■■■■ all difference.
Hocking and Stanton basically haven’t played. Jobe has been a liability more often than not. I’m confident Langford will be a better contributor next year than Jobe has been this year.
Kelly has been ok and he’s probably the biggest loss, but he wouldn’t be in our best 12 players.

Edit: Don’t get me wrong, I agree we need to improve the midfield. But we’re not really losing positive contributors from this year

5 Likes

I don’t really agree with this. It’s looking like Kennedy may actually be the biggest fish changing clubs. Martin has re-signed, Hopper has re-signed, talk is Kelly is close to re-signing, hell, even ■■■■■■ Casboult re-signed. Rockliff is the only “big fish” not re-signed, so Kennedy is near the top of the list. If he chose us that wouldn’t be underwhelming, that would be a reasonably big deal .

1 Like

I think people are underestimating how important Kelly was for us for the first two thirds of the year. I’d have said he was in our top 10 odd players for that period. Slowed down a little in the back end of the season.

2 Likes

YEah, nah.
Jobe has barely been a net positive with how far his running, finishing and kicking penetration have fallen away. Stanton’s been done since round 3. Leuey is a solid backup ruck, no more.

Kelly has been good and Goddard is still good. Bags is solid, should have 2 years left. That’s it.

6 Likes

Huh? What makes you think Leuey is retiring?

I dont.
I think he’s as likely as bags or BJ to retire. But honestly I’m out of possible options of retirees that could make an impact.

Hocking?? Bird?

Obviously I’m not talking about the current season in isolation.

Also I think it’s well established that the leg work required to land gun players via trade and get them over the line does indeed happen during the season and in many cases, its over the course of more than 1 season.

1 Like

Yeah you’re right.

I replied to/qouted your post, but it was more a reply to everyone.

We’ve failed trade week again! When the season hasn’t even finished yet.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, Hopper signed a 2 year extensio

If there’s one thing I hate, it’s club loyalty!

4 Likes

Boo f@rking hoo. “Another year” isn’t officially over yet nor the trading.

Did even really want Hopper or are you just a bit sad?

2 Likes

Maybe we’re gonna do the Geelong route- and build our premiership side from the ground up, and some shrewd late round draft picks?

How the fark was Jacob hopper a big fish.

Has been ordinary.

1 Like

He’s like that big fish that got away, Huge.

2 Likes

On one leg he is still a million times better than Miles

1 Like

Not even close…yet

And if he doesn’t then he will be a big dissapointment.

I thought he would have developed better than he has thus far…

In fairness to the kid, he’s missed 20 games through injury in his first two years.

1 Like

Fair call

You can’t get them if they are not available. Just because the media kept saying they were gone didn’t mean they were and didn’t mean our pitch wasn’t good enough. Norf offered Martin nearly $2 mill more than Tiges yet he stayed. No amount of pitching will work if the player isn’t adamant they are leaving.

3 Likes