Hopper and Kennedy-GWS

How do you put a trade value on this kid? Not much senior footy, a good debut against us but then again everyone plays well against us, Neafl form is hard to evaluate.

Tricky.

Definitely.

Think Cal Twomey’s approach is about as scientific as it will get. He was pick 13, but he hasn’t been selected for much senior football yet (and isn’t a KP), so a 2nd round pick is about the mark.

Seems to be the kind of player that would absolutely fill a need for us, so hoping the club is looking hard at how to make this one happen.

1 Like

Pretty simply, played 16 AFL games this year. Averaged 17 disposals and 4.6 tackles per match.

1 Like

Are you getting your Adam Kennedy’s mixed up with your Matthew Kennedy’s?

Ranked second among rising stars in clearances per game (behind Powell-Pepper).

4 Likes

Can we leave stringer out and get best midfielder at 11 and kennedy with the second round pick…

Whats the obsession with stringer when we scored like we did this year…i

3 Likes

ORAZIOOOOOO TO THE PACKAGE KICKS THE BIG NANAAAAAA!!! BOY OH BOYYYYY WOWEEE!!

3 Likes

Probably.

Dead Kennedy’s more my forte.

7 Likes

Think he’s going to FC if he leaves GWS

Matthew Kennedy - has more potential of a role in our midfield over Blues

• Cripps/Gibbs/Murphy they are probably better served.

where we could argue he could take Jobes role - or at least fight with langford for it.

That’s the general make-up of Collingullie, a town about 26km northwest of Wagga Wagga on the Sturt Highway.

It’s not everyone’s cup of tea. But for local boys turned GWS Giants Matthew Kennedy and Harry Perryman, the ‘Gullie’ is home.

“Going back home is always good fun,” Kennedy tells foxfooty.com.au.

“We catch up with old school mates and footy mates from back home. Catching up for a beer is always good with them at the Gullie pub. And if we’re lucky we get to see them play.

“That’s what I really miss about home and country footy, that real home family environment.”

Kennedy and Perryman grew up a year apart on farms about 15 minutes from the town centre.

When they weren’t playing footy on the weekend with the local club — against grown men when they were just teenagers, mind you — they were working on the land.

“If it was harvest time I was on the tractor or shearing sheep, just whatever needs to be done,” Perryman says.

“It sounds pretty weird, but when you’re out there by yourself on the tractor, you’re not thinking about much. You just go up and down. I love it.

When asked what Perryman would show his teammates his response was automatic: “There’s not much in Gullie except for the pub so we’ll probably have to go have a look at the pub.”

Kennedy had a similar response.

“I’d definitely show them the ‘Gullie pub, that’s the first thing I’d show them,” he says.

“And then I’d probably take them out to the farm, take them out shooting and on the bikes.

“We’d have a good night, light a camp fire, have a few beers and cook a barbie. Show them the real country lifestyle.”

Need our country boy - Heppell/Parish/Zerrett to give him a call. - He could be part of the country game.

2 Likes

Much of it comes down to who’s done the groundwork early on. FC would have for sure.

Pick 28 for Kennedy in a ‘■■■■’ draft would be an absolute steal.

4 Likes

I don’t know much about Kennedy so I have done a bit of research and dug up some bits and pieces for anyone else who knows little about him.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/player-profile/matthew-kennedy

Looks like the carlton will be making a play for him as well

3 Likes

Good country kid

Would get on well with Dois, Darce & Zak

1 Like

Looks like he leads into the contest with his face.

WANT.

(I’m off the Stringer train again having jumped on after originally being off)

Also I like the country boys and he looks like a lump of a lad and seems pretty grounded in that little article. Having plowed many a field I can relate to the kid…

Edit- just watched the video and like him even more now.

2 Likes

Solid citizen with lego hair. Would fit in well.

6 Likes

Rockcliff on a fat 4yr FA deal
Trade a pick for M Kennedy. Get gws the points for their academy.

Draft the best tall with our first pick in the draft.

Done. Make us a better club overnight. Good for GWS and lions load up on draft picks when they are on the bottom. Oh and good for player.

Kennedy doesn’t have a nose

1 Like

Put Lever in as best tall and sounds pretty good

1 Like