Hopper and Kennedy-GWS

I’ll tell you how you put a trade value on him:

BRING
THE Larrikan
IN

Silvagni is complete 1 trick pony. What is he going to do when he has exhausted the GWS gravy train?

2 Likes

GWS was a good pony to trick

1 Like

He’ll move to St Kilda and try to trade them all in again.

sensible haircut

2 Likes

Sounds like Silvagni is creating a human centipede for real.

1 Like

At least SOS gets ■■■■ done.

doing junk deals for ■■■■ players with a club that has to offload them is about as useful as doing nothing. Where are Kristian Jaksch and Wiley at now??? Finished. That’s where.

4 Likes

I thought sos was still at the giants for the jaksch trade and came to Carlton the year after.

1 Like

that’s what I initially thought also but it was pointed out to me that he joined them before that trade period.

He’s taken their scraps (Whiley, Palmer, etc) so that he could get the inside running on Plowman and Marchbank.
GWS know they can deal with Carlton without fear of being totally boned.
Strategically it’s a good idea given that’s where a high majority of the young talent is and they are more likely to leave than at any other club.

I legit did not realise til now that Palmer is with Carlton.

2 Likes

Yeah, of course. Why didn’t they think of that!

Sometimes it is best to take a chance on a super talented kid with less exposed form as a mid than say a Mathieson type that may not suit our needs.

I have seen enough of Langford to be confident we have a very good mid on our hands.

They took a similar chance with Zach Merrett

And Steinberg.

And Fantasia.

Spending pick 55 on a small forward who played in a senior SANFL grand final as a small forward, and then playing him as a small forward is a slightly different situation to me. Each to their own.

That’s true but you don’t know the reason behind why they selected either player so it’s a little unfair to judge.

All it really comes down to is whether people are happy with it or not.

For mine I don’t even bother looking back 5, 10 or 15 years to make assessments. The game changes so fast and our club has become so much more professional I actually think the club is sitting in a very good position. Hindsight is always a ■■■■■ though.

1 Like

EXCLUSIVE: Giants mid requests trade to Carlton
Nick Bowen October 3, 2017 11:19 AM

OUT-OF-CONTRACT Giants midfielder Matthew Kennedy has requested a trade to Carlton.

AFL.com.au reported last week Kennedy was close to nominating the Blues as his preferred club, and the 20-year-old is believed to have told Greater Western Sydney on Tuesday he wants a trade to Ikon Park.

bummer. Exactly what we needed.