Hopper and Kennedy-GWS

We could only dream…

We do too much dreaming and not enough getting.

4 Likes

Have we ever traded out our first round pick? We’ve traded 1st round picks that we’ve got from elsewhere (eg 09, 02), but if we’ve traded out our assigned first round pick, it was a looooong time ago.

We’ve traded a couple to the AFL for our dignity over the years.

7 Likes

We offered it for Caddy.

1 Like

Noone has been linked publicly to Matt Kennedy.

Reckon he would be a great addition. Goal kicking mid, great size and good overhead.

Considerable talent, considerably cheaper than other giants unsigned players.

3 Likes

Yeah, I wanted Hopper but if it is true that he wants Geelong only we should target Kennedy. Looks to have plenty of upside and is a good size.

They will both end up at CWS

1 Like

Fixed

3 Likes

Shred and Steak Knives round 2 lets do this.

1 Like

What about Devon smith and hopper?

1 Like

Essendon receive Hopper, Kennedy and GWS 2017 2nd round selection.
GWS receive Essendon’s 2017 1st and 2018 1st round selections.

I want to have a real crack at these 2 guys, Offer this and we will get them, We need to overhaul our midfield and these 2 would be absolutely perfect.

Midfield of Zerrett, Parish, Hopper, Kennedy, McGrath, Mutch and Clarke for the next 12 years is juicy, Lead by Heppell for the next 8, Zaka for the next 6.

Fantasia, Walla, Begley, McKenna can rotate through as well.

Langford, Francis, Laverde and Ridley are genuine utilities as well.

Lucas Webb, Harley Balic and Declan Mountford should be considered as well IMO, All would cost very little if we could turn their heads.

This group would be the most talented group we’ve seen for decades.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen much of Kennedy. But i saw a bunch of Hopper in his draft year.

Can someone describe Kennedy?

Looks a bit like what begley could be in 2-3 years time.

1 Like

I would be astonished if the club weren’t putting in a huge effort to land one of these two players. I know it’s all the rage to bemoan our failures at the trade table, but for the first time in four years we have a very different environment to work with. The on-field context and trajectory of where the football club is heading has turned sharply and I suspect quicker even than some within the club may have hoped. IMO aside from money and all the other ‘big club’, ‘ANZAC Day’ bling we can throw around - the projected success that we willoffer players like Hopper and Kennedy will be important. Further to this, they are exactly the age and type of players we should be targeting - and I’d hazard a guess that Dodoro, Keane, Forster-Knight, Worsfold, hell, probably Lindsay Tanner too are WELL aware of the urgency in amplifying our inside midfield (and general midfield).

Essendon tend to be fairly closely guarded with this stuff - as we saw with the capture of Goddard which didn’t start to emerge until pretty late in the piece. I’ll be waiting with some expectation this off-season - but won’t be holding my breath for Kelly or Martin.

I thought we bundled our dignity with our draft picks.

1 Like

That would be an unbelievably good deal for us, assuming you mean the saints or pies 2nd round pick that the giants have, not the giants 2nd round pick which hawthorn have.

It’s conceivable that with no 1st round pick this year the giants might be interested in a deal that skews in our favour, depends on if Kelly leaves and what they get for him if he does.

1 Like

If Kelly leaves they’ve got 2 first round picks