Hopper and Kennedy-GWS

This. No way they are letting a top ten pick, who they’ve spent 2 years developing, go for what will probably be pick ~10.

Dyson and a 3rd rder is more likely to happen than the scenarios being tabled in this thread.

What do you think Francis is worth?
If Francis was out of contract and wanted to leave we’d be lucky to get a pick around 10.

That’s probably true. Slightly different situation to Hopper though. One of them gets picked to play AFL in a top 4 team when fit, the other got rested after one game.

1 Like

Did you see how little they got for Marchbank and Steele?

Steele wasn’t a first round pick.
Edit: retracted. Technically not a 1st round pick, but was bid on with pick 15 so basically a first round pick. Not a top 10 pick.

The correct player to call out though is Ahern. Pick 7 traded out for pick 69 two years later.

I don’t know who the fk either of these 2 are.

5 Likes

List cloggers…

1 Like

I think

Also Pickett.

1 Like

O’Rourke was Pick 2

Both are probably better than the current Stanton, Hocking, Myers, Howlett and Colyer.

So that’s a yes from me.

Is there any realistic way we can get Dylan Shiel?
First rounder + Gleeson ?

Nope, he won’t leave, committed to the Giants

GWS are weird. They have so many options they can chuck out fringe players for an extra first round pick every year. The AFL has created a self-sustaining monster.

14 Likes

Ah, but they’re only allowed 1 first round academy pick this year, so the AFL is clearly curbing their benefits. Conveniently they also have no highly rated academy players this year, but I’m sure that’s just a coincidence.

3 Likes

They’ll slowly miss picks, and it will drop off. But they’ll be good for a long time.

He seems to have fully bought into the mantra sheedy set.

That’s fine, pay what ever it takes, I’m happy to pay overs, We’re way too conservative as a club at trade week we need to be bold.

Hawks walk into trade week with targets in mind and they get the job done.

As far as I’m concerned every single draft pick that we can trade from the next 2 drafts should be on the table.

4 Likes

Why would Hopper and Kennedy want to come to us? They’re getting games for one of the best teams in the comp?

Did they at least barrack for us as a kid?

I don’t think Ahern is a good example. Significant injuries (knee) and was traded out for a bag of chips. Has he even played this year?