HOT TAKES

do it like the NCAA but actually pay the players.

1 Like

MULTIBALL

4 Likes

In addition to removing the point posts, add a back board at 3/4 up the posts, so that it facilitates, instant rebound option, instead of kicking a point, stopping and playing out of the goal square. Faster game, less stoppages, more arial, makes the skill set of a defender potentially closer to a forward allowing more rotations.

1. How do you kick a point between the goal posts?
  2. If I wanted tiny goal faces I’d watch soccer. And get myself a lobotomy.
4 Likes

This sounds very much like a different game that already exists.

1 Like

No I was implying you’d remove points altogether and add the back board between the goal posts. You’s still have rebounding out of D50 that way, which you’d lose all together and have nothing but centre bounces after goals. If you’ve only got resets after goals, I’d argue the role of defenders is fairly dramatically changed, given how accurate most clubs have been in front of goal. So~ to kick a goal you’d have to kick it beneath the back board and between the posts.

Make throws legal, half the handpasses under pressure are practically throws already and they are never paid, just legalise it and be done

What’s the difference?

1 Like

Any sort of tackles are legal as long as the player has the ball. Sling tackles are fine, pinning the arms are driving them face first into the turf is fine.

2 Likes

Hot

Season length reduce to 30 games each club plays each other twice

Cut 3 sides add tassie
Merge Gws and Carlton, with Carlton playing away extra 5 games in Sydney but lose academy rights. And no salary cap relief.
Gold Coast and Brisbane merge into one team.
North Melbourne, Melbourne, dogs and saints pull straws the 2 shortest ones merge.

I’d make it 14 per side, 5/4/5.
6 on the bench.

Yet - it’s rarely discussed on BB or in the media.

For someone who hasn’t posted in TWO YEARS, you come back here just to offer this praise for FCFC…!!!

You are either an FCFC supporting troll who should be banned or someone else who should be banned.

1 Like

New hot take.
Fark Tasmania.

1 Like

No need, they Fark themselves.

1 Like

Is it takes? I came in here looking for hot cakes. They sell fast apparently.

1 Like

I felt I had something to contribute in a light hearted thread. Look at my old posts, I put a lot of time into some bad Gumby GIFs.

I lurk to see what the other fans are saying, and half the posters seem to be people foaming at the mouth at CFC. It’s tiresome and depressing. There’s actual hatred there and they believe their lives would be somehow better off without that particular football club on earth.

If I could watch 1 game a year it’d be the game against Carlton. It’s like Gaius and Sulla, Ford and Holden, Joker and Batman… One can’t be great without the other… The best EFC wins are against Carlton, those wins would be even better if Carlton was flying, big wins require big risks, therefore we need Carlton flying… it’s probably not even a hot take you guys are just in a bubble

7 Likes

We need less teams in the comp so we don’t spread the talent pool too thin, but we need to maintain a national competition.
Therefore the tin rattling handout clubs of Melbourne should be taken under the wing of a bigger club. Kangaroos should be merged into Carlton, and the Bulldogs should be merged into Essendon.

I’d kill the bench and bring back substitutes. Six subs per game. When you’re off, you’re off for good. For the price of admission, I want to see players spewing up.

3 Likes