HOT TAKES

Albert that’s why its a HOT TAKE mate. please keep up

We’ve strayed back in to “hOw I wOuLd ImPrOvE tEh AfL” territory. There are literally dozens of existing threads devoted to this. Divert your discussion to there pls.

HOT TAKES:
Kane Cornes’ media presence is deliberately satirical and other footy media don’t understand that he is taking the pss out of them.

If “The Recruit” was on 7 or 9 instead of Foxtel and included their respective awful awful presentation of reality shows, it would not only still be on, but it would be one of the most popular shows on TV.

2 Likes

KB should replace Gil at the end of the year.

1 Like

That show was awful - I’ve managed to repress it from the memory for so long until now.

1 Like

Tom Boyd’s performance in the 2016 grand final was no better than decent. If he wasn’t an under performing player at a success starved club, nobody would talk about it.

7 Likes

Essendon has a perceived white Essendon policy.

The heat of this one depends on your audience. Here on Blitz it’s mild. Shouted through a megaphone from the roof of Footscray Market, fetch me a glass of milk

4 Likes

no trolling pls

1 Like

Explain

#comesfromagoodfamily.
#leadershipqualities
#1indigenousbest22player

more the fact that we’re so risk averse for a period of time we didn’t give more indigenous kids a chance to flourish, please don’t point at gach + eades draft, that was a 1 off.

benfti liked this post

Ah, gotcha. Again I think this one belongs to Uncomfortable Truths more than HOT TAKES. No one ever really thinks about it but if you presented your average Essendon fan on Level 1 at Marvel Stadium with this view they’d kinda make a face and go “…yeah I s’pose, hey”.

That being said, if this was the topic of Caro’s Arrow on a Monday night… fkn WOWEE. The ensuing Facebook Boomer Rage™ would power the internet until 3 or 4 weeks after the heat death of the universe.

1 Like

I think its an issue, we literally pioneered indigenous engagement for 25 years under sheedy.

now we have whatever is we currently got.

Indigenous players want to go to port or richmond right now, they know they’ll get the best chance there.

1 Like

Dyson Heppell is the worst club captain we’ve had for at least 30 years

Probably hot, as I can think of two of the top of my head in the last fifteen.

See my post above re: mandatory quotas for indigenous players. I agree with you, BTW.

All footy games should be relocated from the MCG* .

*preferably to a venue purpose built, central to the population, and in a heavier rainfall area to ■■■■ with teams from WA & SA.

1 Like

This probably belongs elsewhere, but it irks me. The reason goal kicking is so poor is because they use dozens of brand new balls. If they used balls they’ve been kicked around for a half of footy we’d see a big improvement.

While I’m at it. We’d be better off to trade Daniher (too late now) than wait for him to get better.

Eddie McGuire is the greatest club president any club has had in the entire history of the comp.

1 Like

So long as you add the qualifier “living” to that panegyric. Now that McAlister is dead.

Hot Take: The only reason the AFL hired E Glouftsis was to turn me on.

2 Likes