HOT TAKES

See.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s right. MY thread. Go be aggressively nostalgic somewhere else.

Lemon & Herb

HOWEVER the insinuation that we should look to rugby to be an shining example of ANYTHING is fkn HOT AS.

1 Like

Footy would be better with no lights on and players painted in Glow in the dark paint with a glow in the dark footy. Posts/boundaries etc are lit up.

2 Likes

How about supporters (and by extension AFL sanctioned pingas)?

All Club officials and AFL executives should be subjected to the same drug testing and drug code that the players are.

7 Likes

■■■■ yes. I love it.

And accredited media.

4 Likes

It’s no “disparaging anecdotes”, that’s for sure.

Over 50, thank you very much.

JD is to the Dons what Richo was to the Tigers and we are as far from a flag as Richmond we’re with him in the side.

1 Like

I don’t mind Gold Coast and want them to be a long-term success, and I hope that they manage to fend off the victorian vultures that are going to come after their good players this trade season.

1 Like

Andrew Demetriou like this

Unless we’re one of the vultures?

Crawl File is one of the best Best-Ofs of all time, without qualification.

One duff track, Letter From Zimbabwe from their duff Sons of Beaches album, but even that’s not terrible.

Replace that with any of La Califuso, Love Beats Me Up, or the more representative Louie Louie from their Phalanx live album and it’d be pretty perfect.
But that’s a minor quibble.

It helps significantly that it was released before Between A Rock And A Hard Place. Mind you, there’s not a single track on that goddawful record which anyone on this earth would in their wildest dreams suggest as being worthy of a Crawl Best Of…
So, on that basis then, the tracklisting should’ve remained identical if it had been released in 1986 instead of 1984…

You have to know the history to understand BARAAHP.
Surely you do?
If you don’t, the album is actually littered with it.
Even the album title itself.

I’d argue that Two Can Play and Trouble Spot Rock (which it has similarities to) would still be better than Letter From Zimbabwe.
But still, any reference to that album would be wrong.

I’d even go so far as to say Looking For Cool would have been a better inclusion, but none of those tracks would have been a smarter choice than the Phalanx tracks.

Yep, know it’s history and also know full well how record companies work (farkers one and all…)
It’s still a terrible record…

It is.
I’m not actually convinced it’s any worse than SOB, it’s just…different.
The other point is, as is referenced in…I’m guessing at least four of the tracks, maybe more…
‘What a guy!’

Edit: Reyne lifted two of them for his first solo record, so…

lol

1 Like