HOT TAKES

pls elaborate

Medium

Okay, bare with me, I’m not a fan of the AFL’s proclivity for modelling the general setup off (“of”) yank ideas but to fascilitate a longer season, for it to evolve gradually to 5-7 days and nights a week. Every team to play a fair share of weekend matches.

Otherwise, my HOT TAKE outside of footy. I think every Australian over the age of 18 gets their own freeway. Every Australian adult citizen entitled to their own personal freeway!

It’s hard to explain, just a feeling i guess

He loved the club more than anything(i wouldn’t never doubt that in the slightest). He always seemed to take the fans for granted. Closed training sessions to the fans when he took over, just a certain demeanour he had when talking about the supporters or interacting with them.

Then when the saga blew up he realised just how much the needed us all, and changed his tact. Even then with the whole “stand by hird thing” he never really gave it that much praise. He sort of brushed it off from memory

1 Like

Anzac Day is a disaster for our club.

It forces us into a ridiculously compressed series of games, that almost guarantees we will drop one from fatigue…and now it may be contributing to injuries.

There is also no evidence that it has taught us how to ‘compete on the big stage’.

2 Likes

agree completely

Damn finally scrolled to the end to give my Anzac Day hot take and just got pipped at the post.

Edit: anyway, there should be no Anzac Day for the next year for the team that loses. Instead, the winner stays on and the highest ladder placed big Victorian club from the previous season gets to play the next one. If that happens to be the same team that lost they can’t play again. Bad luck.

2 Likes

Matthew Knights wasn’t that bad of a coach. Whoever followed Sheedy was always going to be a sacrificial lamb.

5 Likes

We don’t deserve to play on anzac day because we have turned into a mediocre club. (am I doing it right).

their are multiple players across the comp that are on 3+ strikes but the AFL is covering it up

1 Like

Would have to agree on that one.

1. Away teams should alway be skins.
  2. No one over 6 ft should be allowed to play.

The ‘sh/t that literally everybody believes’ thread is thaddaway

1 Like

Did you mean 6 in?

James Hird deserved the medal in 2000. But 1993 O’Donnell was robbed

Outstanding thread concept, @simmo41

Please grade the following three hot takes.

1. Top 4. The top 8 is simply whack. Rewarding mediocrity shouldn’t be tolerated. Make it a top 4. And no double chances BS. 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3. Both games are prelims and then the granny.

2. Minimum quotas for indigenous players. Even if there aren’t many high end indigenous lads in a particular draft year, force clubs to draft a minimum number because the game is much better with more indigenous players involved. They bring magic to the game.

3. All teams are expected to field all female cheerleading squads for pregame entertainment. Come at me, feminists!!!

2 Likes
  • yes
  • YES
  • OH GOD YES
3 Likes

If adelaide were willing to give up a 1st round pick, fantasia should be traded

Whooooooooooooa

@Paul_Peos

within 5 years time Joe will be retired due to ongoing groin injuries

love all of them but especially number 2

1 Like