How do we fix the forward line?

If we could some how snare Patton for pick 19, then decided to pick Ben Ainsworth with pick 1. It would add a whole new dimension to our forwardline. It means Daniher can pay the traditional CHF position. You could then rotate Brown, Langford & Bellchambers as your third tall options.

I can only get so erect

If we pick those players up, and our current list keeps improving at the rate they have been, Daniher would be lucky to get a game. You can only go so far on potential.

Logic flaw alert:
Daniher is on our current list :slight_smile:

Yeah, Nahā€¦not a logic flaw. If we pick up the players that are mentioned, and our current list keeps improving at the rate they have been Daniher, (who has not improved at all) would be lucky to get a game

In that above scenario, only Patton is being added to the key talls. So, who is keeping Daniher out again?

You donā€™t mean Bellchambers do you?

In that above scenario, only Patton is being added to the key talls. So, who is keeping Daniher out again?

The question wouldnā€™t be who would be keeping Daniher out, but who would be keeping him in.

The question wouldnā€™t be who would be keeping Daniher out, but who would be keeping him in.

Huh?

Itā€™s hard to judge the forward line. I think we would have better delivery to out forward line with quality players in the side, which also means better players floating through it.

But, were definitely a crumber short and another tall yet quick forward that knows his role.

I think Woosha will sort this out. Heā€™ll address the teams needs and make it happen.

Interesting listening to Terry Wallace this afternoon in relation to Essendon and where the ball remains for the better portion of the game. The ball spends 21% more time in our backline than forward line statistically , allowing the backs to rack up ridiculous possessionā€™s. He then went onto to say that for someone looking at stats as an indicator of how well someone is going ignor Essendon at the moment. Irrespective of who you are , if the ball is not getting into the forward line consistently over a quarter and a game , the forwards are simply up against it. In the backline and its relative to where Essendon is at this year , the backs are looking to maintain possession to the point of making it boring for the opposition (hoping they will loose concentration) and to a degree us supporters.

Its surely a directive to ā€œtryā€ to avoid blow outs as we simply donā€™t have the man power for a head to head attacking battle

shoot skipworth out of a cannon.

Seeing Langford yell at Baguley for hitting it up to the hot spot when three(?) forwards were leading deep into the same pocket made me a sad panda.

Alsoā€¦please someone lead towards the ball carrier.
Just once. For me? Please?

Woosha:ā€œWe want to know what it might look like with Bags, Colyer and Hooker in the forward line.ā€

A pretty good defense, John?

There was a great example tonight of why our forward line is dysfunctional. There was a stoppage about 80m from our goal. You could see clearly that we only had 3 players inside 50 even though there was plenty of time to get numbers there. We won the clearance & a quick kick came in to about 30m from our goal - they had 3 to our 1 & they mark unopposed. We have to give ourselves a reasonable chance to win contests or the forward line will never work. Nearly all our goals rely on ā€œfastbreakā€ type scenarios where we only get a player free through a turnover.

We would miss the target!

So what else would be new? Blitzperts miss the target almost always.

Seeing Langford yell at Baguley for hitting it up to the hot spot when three(?) forwards were leading deep into the same pocket made me a sad panda.

Alsoā€¦please someone lead towards the ball carrier.
Just once. For me? Please?

wht about when langford tried passing it to fanta instead of dobbing it from 40 out.

So what else would be new? Blitzperts miss the target almost always.

and the bloodstained savant reckons?

If they are considering re-purposing Hams as a small forward, Iā€™d love to see him in the seniors for a few games in that role.

Move Baguley back to his rightful spot.

Iā€™d like to see Bags one out like how we used Winderlich against Adelaide some seasons back. Everything else is a mess, weā€™re running around in their like headless chooks. Itā€™s too congested in there.

Listen to Parishā€™s last interview - towards the end, when he talks about what they train to do, with Skippy.

If they are considering re-purposing Hams as a small forward, I'd love to see him in the seniors for a few games in that role.

Move Baguley back to his rightful spot.

RIP Hams