How do we fix the forward line?

Hit a target by hand and foot would be a start… Chipping the ball around our Defence seems to be working well … NOT…

Start by developing a game plan that is focused on scoring goals and not just defending.

Having some sort of forward structure would be great too. Last night within 15sec of the game starting parish got a centre clearnace kicked the ball to joe who had 2 players on him, none of our fwd players were in sight- freo ran the ball out and and went up the other end and goaled.

Start by developing a game plan that is focused on scoring goals and not just defending.

Having some sort of forward structure would be great too. Last night within 15sec of the game starting parish got a centre clearnace kicked the ball to joe who had 2 players on him, none of our fwd players were in sight- freo ran the ball out and and went up the other end and goaled.

There hasn’t been any focus on scoring in 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Draft 10 Tippa’s

Watch them side step around players for days

???

Profit/Goals

I’m happy to play hooker forward but the idea of two AA defenders down back does appeal.

So, what does Jenkins cost in a trade?

We will likely have the first pick in the preseason draft so have some leverage. He is 27 and not Taylor Walker (I.e. not the no.1 forward). Obviously our 1st round draft pick is off the table. What about our pick 2 and 3 or jerret (seems appropriate) and smack. I realise this is unrealistic but given our preseason draft position and what Ryder was worth maybe it is around the mark.

Farkers will probably demand Francis and pick 1.

Should we be interested in Jenkins at all?

I'm happy to play hooker forward but the idea of two AA defenders down back does appeal.

So, what does Jenkins cost in a trade?

We will likely have the first pick in the preseason draft so have some leverage. He is 27 and not Taylor Walker (I.e. not the no.1 forward). Obviously our 1st round draft pick is off the table. What about our pick 2 and 3 or jerret (seems appropriate) and smack. I realise this is unrealistic but given our preseason draft position and what Ryder was worth maybe it is around the mark.

Farkers will probably demand Francis and pick 1.

Should we be interested in Jenkins at all?

You want to trade Smack to Adelaide?

For the lols.

Doubtful for obvious reasons.

Really just trying to get a discussion going on Jenkins and what he might be worth

For the lols.

Really just trying to get a discussion going on Jenkins and what he might be worth

I’d like him, but it may cost us important players we already have, further down the road.

You are seriously undervaluing Jenkins.

Recently at a press conference, Woosha was asked what he thought about the forward line's execution. After a considered pause, he said that he was in favour of it!
Bit harsh.

Jenkins in the PSD?

You are seriously undervaluing Jenkins.

Dixon cost port pick 10 and this year’s second round pick, likely in the mid 20s.

Ryder cost port 17 and 37.

I think both trades are a good rough guide as to Jenkins’ value. I think it preseason draft position will also reduce what we are prepared to pay.

It is very hard to predict trades value this far out with the academy trading system now. It might be that we can bundle a few picks into another first round pick and we can offer something very much like port did for Dixon (who I think they slightly over paid for).

My gut feel is disco would rather go heavily into the first rounds of the draft rather than give up too much for a 27 year old forward/ruck.

It is an interesting discussion nonetheless.

Jenkins in the PSD?

Retain all our players, finish last, Jenkins walks into PSD and we sit back and watch the entire comp lose their heads.

It would go some way to making up for 4 years of hell.

For the lols.

I’d like him, but it may cost us important players we already have, further down the road.

That is a good point

We’ll go around and around in circles in this thread until we draft/trade actual forwards. Not midfielders in the forward pockets. Not defenders being switched to forwards.

Forwards. Guys who have goal sense. Thats what we need. Until then, it’ll be a dogs breakfast up there

Jenkins in the PSD?

Retain all our players, finish last, Jenkins walks into PSD and we sit back and watch the entire comp lose their heads.

It would go some way to making up for 4 years of hell.

This so much.
Everyone already hates us may aswell keep it going
We'll go around and around in circles in this thread until we draft/trade actual forwards. Not midfielders in the forward pockets. Not defenders being switched to forwards.

Forwards. Guys who have goal sense. Thats what we need. Until then, it’ll be a dogs breakfast up there

After trying to turn ruckmen, defenders and mids into forwards over the last however many years maybe it actually is time to get some forwards?

We'll go around and around in circles in this thread until we draft/trade actual forwards. Not midfielders in the forward pockets. Not defenders being switched to forwards.

After trying to turn ruckmen, defenders and mids into forwards over the last however many years maybe it actually is time to get some forwards?

Sounds sensible. I wonder if we could try that.

Nah… midfielders. Everyone wants one everyone wants to be one, every fan wants to recruit some. In EFC’s case, half bank flankers as well. Why would you bother recruiting a forward when you can have midfielders?

I have the uber rare midfielder blindness, never have any idea of who will win the Brownlow, thought Jobe was no chance and my fave players have been guys like Fletch, Wallis and Lucas although I totally rate Hirdy but only for his forward work. lol. Currently Bags, Walla and Fantasia are where it’s at.

Give me a 20/20 version of the game where there is no midfield and the backs just bomb it at the forwards and the whole game is a long kicking speccy/snap contest.

Nah… midfielders. Everyone wants one everyone wants to be one, every fan wants to recruit some. In EFC’s case, half bank flankers as well. Why would you bother recruiting a forward when you can have midfielders?