How do we fix the forward line?

Hooker is learning a new position, coping with at times limited supply and getting over the year out. Yet he is on track to kick 40 goals this year and some want to move him back…

4 Likes

I thought the issue was getting the ball into the forward line.

I think we need to chcange the title to

How do we fix the midfield?

3 Likes

Cale Hooker? He seems to be able to fix every other area of the ground…

1 Like

Pretty much says what we all know… it’s the midfield that is our current problem.

The significance of this is that the majority of our returning players are midfielders, and they just haven’t played to their previous levels.

2 of top goal scorers in the top 10. When was the last time that happened?

Seriously, this season is going to be fun.

I guess we fixed the forward line?

1 Like

Now that the forward line’s fixed, I’m going hijack this now defunct thread to post a really dumb thing I haven’t been able to get out of my head since I heard Green referred to as “Corgi”. Sorry in advance.

(welsh corgi, scottish deerhound, irish setter, italian greyhound, staffie, great dane).

15 Likes

Probably 2000? Lloyd kicking over a 100 and Lucas kicking over 50 and Caracella around 35 odd…

1 Like

It was worth it

1 Like

Move Hooker and Tippa forward, recruit Green and Stewart.

It was a pretty easy fix, really.

2 Likes

Plus Blitz hated all four of those ideas. Win-win for the club.

7 Likes

More inside 50’s will help repair the forward line.

To be fair, Raz, Green and Walla create a lot of those inside 50’s

I love that our forward line is 3 guys over 197cms and 3 guys under 177cms, no defence has got 3 guys that tall or 3 guys that quick. We always a have a miss match to exploit. It helps that all 3 of the little guys can take a mark.

6 Likes

Green’s on the website as 178cm.

Nah… what I really wanted to post was how awesome those dogs were… LOL … @splitround

That’s his height when he jumps.

7 Likes

I laugh when I see this thread title now.

3 Likes

Woosha’s first day at the club as head coach, talking to Dodorro.

Woosha: hey, Adrian I like the look of this list of players. But who are our small forwards?

Doddoro: ummm. what?

Woosha: well small forwards are an integral part of the game. They provide speed, forward pressure, goals, breaking the lines, and crumbing.

Doddoro: well we don’t really think small forwards serve a purpose. It’s just a position to rest our midfielders. Or get game time into our young players who we think could play midfield in the future.

Woosha: so we don’t have one?

Doddoro: well we have a young bloke Fantasia. Who we think will become a genuine wing/hbf who has played his junior footy up forward.

Woosha: no one else?

Doddoro: We’ve got a bloke in the VFL, who the supporters have been pestering me about for years. It p*ss me off, I get hounded every time I do my groceries. We could grab him as a rookie, just as long as the Bulldogs don’t get him first.

Woosha: so that’s it? And you wonder why you haven’t been able to score goals for the last 6 years…

5 Likes