How many games we will win this year?

I do realise this is almost completely pointless as things change so much, from week to week, but right now:

R7 - Western Bulldogs @ Marvel (L)
R8 - Hawthorn @ Marvel (L)
R9 - Sydney @ SCG (L)
R10 - Richmond @ MCG (L)
R11 - Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval (L)
R13 - Carlton @ MCG (L)
R14 - St Kilda @ Marvel (L)
R15 - West Coast @ Optus Stadium (L)
R16 - Sydney @ MCG (L)
R17 - Brisbane @ Gabba (L)
R18 - Gold Coast @ Marvel (W)
R19 - Collingwood @ MCG (L)
R20 - North Melbourne @ Marvel (W)
R21 - GWS @ Giants Stadium (L)
R22 - Port Adelaide @ Marvel (W)
R23 - Richmond @ MCG (L)

Admittedly we could win the Hawks game at Marvel in a couple of weeks but this would very likely be the only win for the next 5-6 weeks at the very least.

Total of 4 wins, possibly 5.

2 Likes

in front of a record crowd no doubt

that is for being outnumbered by NOrf supporters!

Hopefully no more. Use Pick 1 on a 180cm inside mid.

2 Likes

and there is no farkin way in the world that i will be going to the swans game this year…

We’re not beating rich this year.

2 Likes

Especially now that Dusty is back.

1 Like

You just know it will be a 175cm half back flanker

Hope we don’t win another game and there is under 10k to all our home games from here on.

4 Likes

The pressure on Truck will be red hot if we end the year with less than 5 wins. And this club famously doesn’t do well under pressure. Hird lurking at GWS, Clarko available, Caracella ambitious to get a senior gig. Or we keep Truck for a few more years of mediocrity for the sake of stability.

Even if we lose and go into the draft with a good hand we will screw the picks up anyway!

Just beat Carlton and the other losses will take care of themselves.

2 Likes

3 games.
Maximum…

Dismal, imposter football club.

1 Like

Rutten needs to threaten to pull the boots back on, even though we’d sooooooo be fined.

1 Like

Seriously disagree with R13, 15, 19 and 21. But then again I’m a Lid Off man.

No need to tank coz we’re crap anyway but whatever else happens, get as many games into the kids. Let’s see if Brand, Eyre and Tom Hird can be league footballers or not.

By virtue of that, we should finish in the bottom 2

1 Like

While i wouldn’t tip us at this point, it’s not unreasonable to think we’d pinch one of those. They’re in really bad form too. If we play like yesterday, we’d beat Richmond right now. Dusty obviously being a spanner in the works.

Looks like we r repeating 2006 again

As with this year, we needed to sub out our senior coach to get a non-loss.

(Gary O’Donnell drew the Bears, as I recall.)

1 Like

there’s a certain theme developing amongst Blitz threads

Squiggle has us winning 7 games for the year. So we are expected to win 6 out of our next 16 games.

The only games you would say are certainties are our 2 games against North and West Coast, and the home game against Suns. Not sure id bet on us against the Suns if it were away.

I’d back us to beat GWS at home, but our game is in Sydney. So you’d back on that being a loss at this stage. Especially if Greene is firing.

In terms of 50-50 games, you’d say the 4 remaining games against Richmond, Collingwood and Hawks games are close games, with a good chance of us winning.

We’ll see next week, but Port might have ignited their season and may not be that bad when we play them unfortunately. We’ve also got unlucky that our first game against them is at Adelaide, not in Vic

We probably get one upset at some point, so finishing around 6-7 wins seems about right