Hugh IS This McLuggage and How Many Brownlow?

I actually think a move to HBF could be good for Jerrett. Pace, Skill and is a good tackler.

I also think Long would be good off the HBF. These two could give a lot of run with good kicking.

Hugh are you?

Hugh, Hugh.
Hugh, Hugh.

I remember throwinā€™ posts around
And preachinā€™ from my chair

Hugh do you think you are?
Stop acting like some kind of star.

Iā€™m on the McC over McG bandwagon

It seems McC doesnā€™t need a heap of the ball to make an impact. I like that

McG seems to need a lot of it to have the same effect

Not suggesting McC is a similar player to Chris Judd but Juddy only needed 20 possies to be BOG. I feel McC has that about him. In the all stars game he was probably top 3 on the ground and he had it 17 times

McG will have an impact straight away as his body is ready made for AFL. That can get in the way of assessing what sort of career someone might have

Iā€™d take a goalkicking mid with upside over a ready made HBF

I honestly donā€™t think you can go wrong with either player.
Itā€™s about what you value in a player really.

Iā€™m all about McCluggage. As heā€™s just a natural footballer that does really freakish things and kicks goals out of nowhere. He Takes big risks with trying to hit targets through the corridor, breaks the lines and is a very good decision maker with choosing who to give the ball to. His strength is lowering the eyes and hitting the leading forward, but will have a shot if there isnā€™t a good option. He breaks away from congestion similar to a Judd/ Dangerfield.

McGrath will definitely be a ā€˜meters gainedā€™ type player. Moves the ball quickly and kicks long down the line to try and break up the zone. In congestion heā€™s more likely to give off the hand ball, then push forward. As opposed to busting through congestion like McCluggage does. He drops off his opponent and takes intercepting marks and then looks to rebound with pace.

Canā€™t go wrong with either imo.

Iā€™m all about McAntler.

Have been since R1 and nothing is going to change it. Goal kicking mids are as rare as explosive KPFs.

1 Like
I'm on the McC over McG bandwagon

The McN bandwagon is where itā€™s at.

Finally a breakout game for Clug after more midfield minutes after wasting away for a time as a flanker.
No regrets picking Andy.

As opposed to:
ā€œSo regrets, heā€™d be handyā€.

May they both have long and successful careersā€¦ Err, Andy much more so.

who cares

2 Likes

How do we get him too?

5 Likes