I could be offended but

It’s a quantum entanglement problem.

1 Like

I’ve got two mums, can i be offended too??

1 Like

The most pass-ag thing ever is making sure everyone knows you’re not offended

Don The Ash?

7 Likes

well played

I’m your daddy.

Does one of them dress up as a proper man?

I feel slaughtered, crushed.

:rofl:

Hi (name),

To ensure we have your details up to date we need to update the living status of your relatives to ensure you get accurate BOMBERSHOP marketing.

???

3 Likes

Define “proper”

we wears jeans and full closed shoes at functions and ■■■■

You know - like a real man - not a female one pretending to be*

*Oh ok! It was a bad joke, that I had to explain, alright???

1 Like

There was some old crusty on here who got peed off when I said something not particularly offensive about John Coleman who’s been dead about 40 years.

Baby boomer sensitivity has no limit.

2 Likes

■■■■■■■ spot on!! and send a sales rep round to me monthly so i get an appreciation face to face of what’s out there and available!! bring samples and discounts… i love a warm and fuzzy look and feel approach and vibe, make it happen

To be serious for a moment…

I think there is a difference between ‘being offended’ - in that someone has offended you, and ‘being hurt/saddened/etc’ by an action that was not directed to you. If you had just lost your father, and Father’s Day came up, then of course, you are likely to feel crap about it. That’s just life. You can’t avoid all the things that could possibly hurt you. You just roll with it, realise that you weren’t meant to be hurt, and move on.

2 Likes

That’s true but a lot of people don’t have the maturity to accept that what other people are doing is rarely aimed at them.

Current govt malarkey a good case in point, the evangelicals (and various assorted nutbags) let other people’s choices of what to do with their junk “offend” them. They’re not ■■■■■■■ in front of you, Cory. That could be offensive. Don’t want to be offended, stop thinking about them.

My mistake, I shouldn’t have used the word inappropriate. It’s more insensitive, or poor taste or even thoughtless, as in not thinking before they act.

The concept of having a father is insensitive and/or thoughtless?
Surely trolling.
People don’t live forever. you can’t be getting triggered by frigging marketing material.

1 Like

I could be offended but…this thread distracted me.

I’m sure I would be, … if I could remember what this thread was about…

Walease the banhammer: