I could be offended but

Honestly the dumbest thread ever in internet history

It’s not lack of empathy for anyone’s loss - we can all empathise with that. It is lack of empathy for the concept of being offended by a blanket reference to someone’s dad. When you hit your thumb with a hammer, it farking hurts a lot, and then every time you knock the hand, the thumb hurts. In fact, it seems that your thumb is getting hit far more often than usual. That’s how things work, and how they feel, until time goes by and it evolves to a different state.

Dunno. I’m sure blitz does hold that record for a thread, but I’m not sure it’s this one.

2 Likes

My father passed away ten years ago November. I don’t find anything that asks about him offensive because I realise that the advertising and promotions are generic and aimed at those who’s father/mother/uncle/brother/hairy aunty and best friends’ mates’ hookers’ dogs’ personal trainer, are still alive, not me personally.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwi44c3ymOLVAhWJybwKHWpbBzYQ3ywIKTAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DfHMoDt3nSHs&usg=AFQjCNHcljT4s4dR6a_vNzOi4PLoNI1xgQ

1 Like

You know I was about to say something similar to this. If my old man was no longer around I think I’d chuckle after receiving that email thinking about how much he hated Essendon. He most definitely does not want to don the sash. But thanks anyway.

1 Like

i hate you too.

sorry, should have checked if you were alive before saying that. how insensitive of me.

2 Likes

dad ghost?

Some of the comments show no empathy whatsoever. The likes of “cry me a river”. C’mon.
This thread is full of smart ■■■, unfunny puns.

For I think the third time, the header wasn’t offensive. I wasn’t outraged. But a slight adjustment to the header by the club - eg Father’s Day Sale - would be both sensitive and sensible.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Sorry if I’ve hurt your feelings in some way.

1 Like

My Dads been gone for 11 years. He was born in Essendon and EFC through and through.
As if I’d be offended by that email. This is what’s wrong with the world. Lefty thinking for mine.

If my Dad was still alive, he’d be spinning in his grave.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYy5iXtYifvvUGsS2vLvQf6CeVVgYhW2nG_hLw-CBnOjkggX3QGw

1 Like

I take it he was a top bloke …?

(Badoomp Tish*)

3 Likes

Thread needs more RAPTOR.

3 Likes

My dad could beat your dad.

Also, my uncle works at nintendo.

1 Like

They really should have ran with a pro SSM campaign.

“Do your Dads Don The Sash”

When my brother died, Amex were notified to close the account. They then proceeded to change the name on the account to “The Estate of …” and continued to send letters suggesting he restructure his finances to make the rest of his life more secure.

And they sent them to the olds’ address, not his.

Someone else did roughly the same thing, I forget who…but there was no-one close to as arseholey as Optus. They simply were not going to stop billing. Had to send them the death certificate twice.

1 Like

Friend of mine who lost her husband was asked millions of times by Telstra operators to put her husband on the phone to authorise the change to making her the authorised person on the account…

1 Like

i have a dad. true story.

Had a dad
Big and strong
Turned around
Found my daddy gone
He was the one
Made me what I am today
It’s up to me now
My daddy has gone away…