If we are a serious club we MUST protest Rampe post climb

EFA

Six days later. That’s very cute.

Gill’s statement of it being a common sense none call seems backward to me.

If we were up by 30 points then to make the call is perhaps less necessary as the result of the game is already in no doubt.

When to call or not to call a free absolutely effects the result of the game then the call must be made.

In any sport around the world at a stopped play the technical decision would have been made.

The NBA for example would have stopped the game, the umps would look at the vision and make the correct call.

Gill’s common sense makes no sense.

9 Likes

Exactly right!
I swear, I was reading through this thread and was going to write what you wrote, then got to 5 posts from the end and you’d done it for me!
The siren had already gone, so nothing else would be impacted by doing this.

(Won’t happen.)

1 Like

AFL will find a way to have this whole issue deduct four points from us.

I will very confidently speculate that Stringer knows this rule because he probably got pinged for it in hi junior days.

10 Likes

So have we had our written response yet from the AFL. :joy:

Expected today.

1 Like

They’re trying to word a response in such a way it that doesn’t contradict itself yet it does at the same time.

1 Like

"Dear Xavier,

Thank you for your letter dated 15/05/2019, in which you sought clarification of the incident that took place at the end of the Sydney versus drug cheats Essendon match on Friday, 10/05/2019.

After careful consideration of a number of factors, we are pleased to provide you with the following:

Because ■■■■ you, that’s why.

Kind regards,

Gillon McLachlan, Esq
Chief Executive Officer of the AFL"

19 Likes

We play the bin chickens again in round 16.

Make it an 8 point game, highest total from both games wins.

Game starts with Myers kicking from goal square
(unfortunately we would have to select him to play)

Double or nothing Gil.

13 Likes

Stringer could have tried to ripping him off, but he would of been pinged for deliberately shaking the goalpost. free kick at the opposite end. Thats how the system works.

It guess it comes down who the umpires dislike more us or Freo and pay more or less attention to because of that bias.

How ridiculous how could I say that, when everyone knows there is no bias by the umpires in the AFL.

This is the best idea I’ve heard out of the clusterfark that was last Friday.

2 Likes

Sweet. Wonder why they have taken só long to publish on the clubs website.

1 Like
2 Likes

Ummmmm… they already did?

10 Likes

The AFL is a corrupt organisation.
What a disgrace of a Company.

11 Likes

TROLOLOLOLOLOL…

Wonder if the club is going to argue this or let it lie. I would hope for the former but I’m guessing the latter.

1 Like

When will they ‘conclude’ wtf the monkey was doing up there in the first place and how and why he got away with it?

Anyway, it’s water under the bridge. The games been played, the points distributed.

We’re wasting our time, but at least we made a point of the bullshit call.

2 Likes