If we are a serious club we MUST protest Rampe post climb

Ummmmm… they already did?

10 Likes

The AFL is a corrupt organisation.
What a disgrace of a Company.

11 Likes

TROLOLOLOLOLOL…

Wonder if the club is going to argue this or let it lie. I would hope for the former but I’m guessing the latter.

1 Like

When will they ‘conclude’ wtf the monkey was doing up there in the first place and how and why he got away with it?

Anyway, it’s water under the bridge. The games been played, the points distributed.

We’re wasting our time, but at least we made a point of the bullshit call.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a real “FARK YOU that’s why”.

I’m sure their excuse is that he only intended to climb the goal post, not shake it.

Hmmmm, can players then just bump the goal post and claim “yeah nah, I was only intending to give the goal post a hip and shoulder and not to shake it”?

1 Like

That’s exactly what i thought.

So, in essence, the official AFL response is that he did nothing wrong, and there was absolutely and conclusively no grounds for a free kick.

I assume Rampe will be asking for a suspended refund?

Fark this league.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Apparently they say it’s still unspotsmanlike so the fine stands. Go figure.

dracarys

13 Likes

(Credit to @theDJR)

5 Likes

I know it’s not feasible but how good would it be if all Essendon fans boycotted a home game in protest. Hit aFL in the pockets where it hurts.

2 Likes

Better to boycott away games.

5 Likes

It’s the optics you see… it’s not a good look for Rampe to be climbing it and carrying on like a blithering monkey child.

Away games don’t rely on our presence as much as home games. And it’s a way of telling the club we’re sick of the kowtowing.

1 Like

But I didnt know a hip and shoulder would shake it umpire. The AFL continue to treat everyone like idiots.

No they saying he didn’t intentionally shake the post, just climbed it.

And climbing post is seen as bringing game into disrepute etc so fined for that

The fact the post shook whilst he was climbing it unintended/unintentional result.

You know like Ablett who unintentionally hit players in the head high when he was trying to block.

10 Likes

This is a league that dismissed Melbourne FC of any tanking allegations… then fined them half a million and suspended Bailey for 14 weeks, for tanking but not tanking.

4 Likes

I hope the AFL burns into a heap of ashes, and then the ashes are ground into the earth and the earth salted.

12 Likes