If you back the opposition have you sold your soul?

No such thing as a soul. Gamble on*.

*Bet responsibly.

On occassion, in a game that doesn’t really matter, I will begrudingly allow this practice.

However betting against us in a preliminary final?? Fark right off…

I’ve never even tipped against the bombers. ever. You can imagine how well i have been doing in my tipping

I once tipped against us 5 years ago. I felt so guilty that the money I won I donated it to some random website.

Cannot do it

And HH, your question asked if you have sold your soul.

No you haven’t. We sold our soul when we started wearing the grey jumper.

EDIT: And were you the one who bought a membership for another fan who couldn’t afford one? Yeah mate, think your soul is well and truly safe.

Would you bet on your kids if they were in a foot race with usain bolt out of loyalty?

Would you bet on your kids if they were in a foot race with usain bolt out of loyalty?

never know, zeus could smite down ussain and your kid ends up winning.

EDIT: And were you the one who bought a membership for another fan who couldn’t afford one? Yeah mate, think your soul is well and truly safe.

Hmm - it was. Maybe I did that as a sort of penance …

On occassion, in a game that doesn't really matter, I will begrudingly allow this practice.

Ouch. Yeah ok. But I don’t bet to make money, I bet to ease the pain of a loss.
So in fact bigger games provide even more incentive.

never know, zeus could smite down ussain and your kid ends up winning.

Either way I’d like to see the odds.

There is no coming back from such a heinous crime

Drop a hundred a game on us the rest of the season and consider yourself cleansed.

Betting on football is completely farked. Hate what it’s done to the match day experience.
A generation of kids will grow up thinking that it’s part of the game. That shittts me to tears.

Happy that you lost $200? Either you are well off and have good disposable income or you have a problem.
Happier if we win. I dont consider it lost money as its only money ive won anyway. $100 per week from my pay is deposited into the account and I dont let the account get below a set level. When the money gets to a pre determined target I withdraw that money and use it towards holidays
Betting on football is completely farked. Hate what it's done to the match day experience. A generation of kids will grow up thinking that it's part of the game. That shittts me to tears.

The match day experience? You mean all those ads they play? But that’s like saying “I hate new cars because of what they’ve done to the match day experience.”

On occassion, in a game that doesn't really matter, I will begrudingly allow this practice.

Ouch. Yeah ok. But I don’t bet to make money, I bet to ease the pain of a loss.
So in fact bigger games provide even more incentive.

I’ve done it in a tipping sense, happy to lose the tip for us to win, & have a “well at least I got the tip” moment, & if I did it in a betting sense, I’d look at it as a pre paid penance, In that I’d be saying this is how much I’m prepared to pay, to have a win this w/end. I kind of tithing. :wink:

What you do with any winnings, whether you see it as compensation for the pain of a loss, or just an astute little earn, if you seriously had real guilt about it, you could give half, or all of the profit to the club, or a worthy cause.

A couple with connections to the club, would be Mens Cancer, & of course right now, Freeze MND.

Or don’t bet.

Betting on football is completely farked. Hate what it's done to the match day experience. A generation of kids will grow up thinking that it's part of the game. That shittts me to tears.

Likewise. Has corrupted the game … any game it touches in fact, Thank fk, you can’t bet on VFL … (don’t tell me if you somehow can … I don’t wanna know), it’s the highest level of our game that I can at least believe is “pure” in the motivation of everyone on the field.

Except for the odd wonder on the possibility some Ump’s there have agendas against AFL reserve sides in the comp… ??

Thread makes me feel dirty

I can’t believe people actually do this. I thought it was only opposition supporters who didn’t know what true love of their football club meant.

Like some others I can’t even tip against Essendon. I’ve won 2 tipping comps and they were in 1999 and 2000!

If you did sell your soul in this manner, I seriously consider not using my net to save you.

The match day experience? You mean all those ads they play? But that’s like saying “I hate new cars because of what they’ve done to the match day experience.”

Go to a game at Etihad this season. TAB have paid to put as many as 100 TVs throughout the venue with constant TAB advertising on them. It is completely unescapable. Thankfully, we no longer have constant gambling ads on the big screen and commentators talking about live odds in the breaks. Remember last year at the MCG when a UK betting company sponsored every goal shown on the big screen - that amounted to about 30 minutes of gambling advertising rammed down your throat every single game. You’re an intelligent and educated man Humbert, if you don’t understand why gambling advertisements at the football are problematic, then i can’t help you.