If you could attend any Essendon moment in History?

I wasn’t at the ground, but when Zacka kicked that goal I was at mates place - jumped up and shouted so loud that I nearly fainted. I’d nearly done similar after Ricky kicked his goal from the boundary. Dont think those guys had seen that side of me before. Obviously a great regret that I wasn’t there.

1 Like

Oh yeah, amazing how good it can make you feel while at the same time feeling faint🙂

My son and I were dancing around the lounge in happiness like we had won a million bucks.

My nephew rang about 5 mins later from the ground he was delirious with happiness. :slightly_smiling_face:

Let’s hope we get that feeling again with a win on that last game of September. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’d have the most joy reliving matches I’ve seen.

it would be interesting to see Coleman, I am sure incredible 84.

but I dunno. I was pretty young in 93. I kind of like remembering it through my young mind.

I’d probably like to just go back and watch a lot more of James Hird live. didnt have the chance as lived interstate for a lot of his career.

2 Likes

Wasn’t the knights van der haah just a once off game where they both had blinders and then just fleeting moments after that - knights was winding down and Dutchman was just peaking iirc.
seems like it’s put in the same bracket as Carey v jakovich a bit too much.
But maybe that’s just me. Who am I to kill the romance.

I was there that day. I cried as they carried him off the ground. My all time favourite player.

2 Likes

Mercuri’s miss not long before Wallis got tackled. What was that. Kick a drop punt in the air through the goals ffs.

So many good examples and obviously this isn’t the one i’d ultimately choose but hasn’t been mentioned yet - but the Freo comeback game at the peak of the saga after Hirdy had copped it all week would have been special.

5 Likes

That’s in my top few home and away games ever that one.

Current players - round 1 2017.
Jobe in Perth.
Would love to have seen Coleman, Reynolds and Hutchison.
Hird, just to see him again swing games one more time. Not sure which game/s though.

2 Likes

I want to relive every one of @Bomb_Doe 's memes

3 Likes

Well if we are talking about going back and rewitnessing something we’d already seen…

I like to go back to the 2000 GF, and drink less beer before the game so I remembered the day more.

1 Like

I was at all of these except for #1 and #2 :+1:

I was at the game when they booed Jobe, it wasn’t great being there even though we won, it still makes me sick. On TV it wasn’t as loud as it was stuck in the middle of it, the commentators were fantastic too. TV was the best place to watch that one

2 Likes

That was a great game! Especially after such a lousy 1st half :+1:

Coleman in 1950 (especially the games vs Norf).

Zaka’s ANZAC Day winning goal (was listening to the game live in Yokohama & losing my sheet).

Fortunate to have been at the ‘93 Prelim vs the Crows. Remains my all time fav game.

2 Likes

I’m getting tingles just writing about being level 3 behind the goals when zaka kicked the anzac day winner with the rain just coming down, never felt the MCG shake like that.

4 Likes

Would love to have been at Zaka game 2009…Watched 1993 prelim at home in Adelaide, needless to say I wasn’t popular at school on Monday based on my apparel worn. My favourite attended game has been 2013 vs Carlton on a Friday night at the G. Was Joey’s 1st game, we were down by 31 in the 3rd and end up winning by 5 points. It was also my then girlfriend and now wife’s first game on Australian soil and it was great to shut the ferals up with over exuberant celebrations at the end!

5 Likes

Thanks for the info, wasn’t aware of that having watched on TV.

Lets hope we do well this season and beyond, hopefully that memory will fade a little. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No.
The game most remembered was actually the third head to head, with a fourth later in 1978.
You need context - we were on the build after years of being ■■■■ - you current whingers have got no idea how bad the 1970’s were for a Bomber supporter.
Vander Haar was, along with Madden our great white hope - and you had to have seen Knights to appreciate just how ■■■■■■■ good he was in his prime. Hurts to acknowledge a Dawks player, but Jakovich wasn’t good enough to lick Knight’s boots.

So there was a lot riding on their third matchup.
The Hawks were the dominant team in the comp, but this was not only an epic duel, but the first time I can remember an Essendon team taking it right up to them.
It took 6 years ( and Knights injuries killed the rivalry in the years to come - you’re right there) but that day in many ways sustained us till 84.

PS - I did fact check some of this - I was there but 10 or so cans of full strength blurred the memories somewhat.

3 Likes

My old pensioner dad keeps telling me how good Coleman was. I think to see him full flight would be awesome.

Lloyds bump on Sewell live would be worthy, perhaps on repeat.
The comeback game against North
Any thumping we gave Fark Carlton
Zackas ANZAAC day goal
Peak Hird (so many)

Have seen many on TV (excluding Coleman of course) but live would be fantastic.

Finally, any game that we have beaten Sydney in (at Sydney). My kids have grown up never seeing us win in Sydney.

1 Like