If you were an AFL Footballer... Who would you be?

I don’t know how many Blitzers have ever made it to the top level of football - or even the top 5 levels - but I’d say most have had a go at playing the game, or at least imagined themselves doing so.

So, if you were an AFL player, what type would you be? Who specifically would you be like?

The key here is honesty. I’ll start.

I can kick set shots really friggin well, even now I kick 9 out of 10 from anywhere inside 40. Problem is, Im not tall, I can’t mark and I’m not quick. So forward line is out.

I can do all 1%ers, spoil, tackle, sheppard, and I’m strong enough to tag. But by strong I mean I can tackle well, not that I’m, well, brave. So midfield is out.

This leaves me as a half back. A slow, short stepping half back who can kick well.

Essentially, I’d be Andrew Welsh with Bachar Houli’s kicking skills and bravery.

1 Like

Can kick handy goals from basically anywhere inside 40
But lazy, and probably won’t leave the forward 50 much

I’d be Josh Green

1 Like

Easy.
I’d be Jaeger O’Meara

1 Like
Can kick handy goals from basically anywhere inside 40 But lazy, and probably won't leave the forward 50 much

I’d be Josh Green

That’s the spirit.

I’m good at spoils, not overly tall or fast but can kick about 50-55m.

I’d probably be equivalent to James Gwilt.

1 Like

Can anyone think of a player that went from a skinny wingman, to a marginally less skinny lock down defender to a nugget defensive on baller?
Low possession counts, but equally adept on either foot

(Used to be) Slim build, fast, could run all day, reasonable by foot, played my best off half back and wing…

I’d say a less skilled Glenn Hawker.

2 Likes

My skill levels and fitness probably would’ve seen me fail to make the final 50 of the 2018 Fox 8 show The Women’s League Recruit.

Hmmm…

At my best, I was a 180cm half back flanker/midfield pinch hitter who could read the play well and take intercept marks. Not overly blessed with pace or strength, but smart. I used to try and play like Damien Hardwick. These days I reckon I’d be trying to be like Mark Baguley.

Then again - these day’s I’m fat and retired, so Andrew Jarman.

1 Like
My skill levels and fitness probably would've seen me fail to make the final 50 of the 2018 Fox 8 show The Women's League Recruit.

You should have gone Brad Green.

Help me out. I’m left-footed, can kick about 25 metres, hate the hard stuff, wait on the outside, can run all day, clean hands. Any matches?

1 Like
Help me out. I'm left-footed, can kick about 25 metres, hate the hard stuff, wait on the outside, can run all day, clean hands. Any matches?

Ben Haynes?

Help me out. I'm left-footed, can kick about 25 metres, hate the hard stuff, wait on the outside, can run all day, clean hands. Any matches?

Ben Haynes?

Perfect. Both 182cm also!

Ben Haynes?

I was going to suggest Houli

Shane Woewodin

I’m your right footed equivalent. Except for the clean hands. Really scared of getting hurt.

When I played my pace was average, my foot skills matched my pace, but I was not too shabby overhead for my height, and my strong point was absolutely no fear. I was a mid. I would be a shorter Mitch Robinson.

When I played my pace was average, my foot skills matched my pace, but I was not too shabby overhead for my height, and my strong point was absolutely no fear. I was a mid. I would be a shorter Mitch Robinson.

That took a lot of guts to say.

Good on you Boot.

Short, quick but never put my head over the ball… So brent harvey if he wasn’t such a flog

I’m not a flog

Really I’m not

1 Like

Clean left foot, absolutely trash on the right foot, strong hands, used to switch between CHB and CHF. Not fast, not slow, average tank, don’t mind a good marking contest. A very poor man’s Scott Lucas (minus the weird elbow).