If you were trading manager

Trade Crameri and Gumby to the Dogs for Pick 4. I think this would be a good result for both, dogs get some serious tall talent in one hit, we get a compensation we can use and doesn’t feel like we are getting screwed.

Trade Jetta and Pick 4 to WC for Shuey and a third round selection.

Draft wise, take Garlett with out first pick. Then I would be looking for some faster medium and small forwards followed by a rookie ruckman, tippa, clothier and an American basketball player as a potential ruck.

Trade Crameri and Gumby to the Dogs for Pick 4. I think this would be a good result for both, dogs get some serious tall talent in one hit, we get a compensation we can use and doesn't feel like we are getting screwed.
Draft wise, take Garlett with out first pick. Then I would be looking for some faster medium and small forwards followed by a rookie ruckman, tippa, clothier and an American basketball player as a potential ruck.

Pure Disneyland.

Trade Crameri and Gumby to the Dogs for Pick 4. I think this would be a good result for both, dogs get some serious tall talent in one hit, we get a compensation we can use and doesn't feel like we are getting screwed.

Pure Disneyland.

Dude that's no Disneyland, that's on another planet. That's like space mountain in an unestablished Nebula.

- Why would Pears be Fletches back up. If he isn't able to surpass Fletch this year then there is practically no hope for him. Stuff being security for a player, if they're better than why do they need to live in the shadow of another player. Pears has the potential to be the next Josh Gibson, he has the talent, but just lacks confidence.

- No clubs have shown interest in Jetta, stop the crap that trade him for a pick, cause we're not getting anything, stop the crap that we should include him in a package cause we're not getting anything. Best case for the club with Jetta is that he is delisted.

- If Crameri is truly gone, don't get rid of Gumby because he will be playing a vital role for the team. Daniher is only 19.

- Myers and 22 for Shuey is stupid. What's the point of giving away a midfielder for a midfielder + a pick. Myers is only realising his full potential, and the 22 will be vital for us.

- Draft a mature ruckman, a KPP, a ready man midfielder (e.g. Howlett) and small forwards with a ******* goal sense.

PS. We're not getting Adams.

PPS. I would 100% use pick 22 on Garlett.

Are you actually saying you wouldn't do that for Shuey? I believe Myers could be be a star, but have you seen Shuey play?

I would unequivocally prefer Garlett and Myers than Shuey.

The club won't take him with 22

He wont be available after 22.......be lucky to be available after 20 imo.

First, I'd analyse the list and break it down according to age.. oldest to youngest.

Why? To try and maintain a healthy age bracket of players.

Next, i'd identify as few trade untouchables players as possible... let's say 10 at a quick guess.

Reason... To input data into my exclusive tailor made AFL Moneyball Operating System (AMOS).

Then, from the touchables, I'd nominate each players trade value now and where I'd expect their trade value to bein two years time.

Example (1) Player X is a 200 gamer mid who is a very solid contributor but aint gonna get any better. His current trade value is high but his age is approaching late twenties. In 2 years time, his best will be behind him with much lower trade currency. To expand... compare Chappy's trade value of two years ago to what you might expect right now. Back to Player X, I would think teams like Coll, Melb, Giants & Blues would be very very interested and Ess would be back in round one of the draft plus an additional player.

Example (2) Player Y is approaching 100 games with good signs of improvement. Trade currency is medium to high right now and expected to be higher again in 2 years time. St kilda has shown interest for two years running now and are expected to offer a massive deal next year that we may not be able to match. Option (1) Extend contract now for a further 2-3 years. Option (2) Get Roosy (Draft picks), Silvagni (picks & player), West Coast (picks or player) on the line and ask for their best offer and trade on our terms, not the Saints.

Examples (3) to (8) are on hold for now.

Brief summary of reasoning... priorites are to balance age of list (AMOS views "tilt" as a dirty word),  return to round one of the draft, secure silk in front of goals, then add a bit of experience.

All off the cuff.

Garlett, kid is top 5 in talent....I believe the club can really assist curb his off field issues.

not by The Age review of Draft. He needs work on his engine but is classy at times. Not top 5.. Twomey thinks top 10-25 at best

So would you use pick 22 ( if we get from the doggies ) on him if he is still available then?

pick 22 no

our 40's pick maybe

60's or 80's pick yes

So what your saying is you don't really rate Garlett as a player.....you have you seen him play?

First, I'd analyse the list and break it down according to age.. oldest to youngest.

Next, i'd identify as few trade untouchables players as possible... let's say 10 at a quick guess.

Reason... To input data into my exclusive tailor made AFL Moneyball Operating System (AMOS).

Then, from the touchables, I'd nominate each players trade value now and where I'd expect their trade value to bein two years time.

Example (1) Player X is a 200 gamer mid who is a very solid contributor but aint gonna get any better. His current trade value is high but his age is approaching late twenties. In 2 years time, his best will be behind him with much lower trade currency. To expand... compare Chappy's trade value of two years ago to what you might expect right now. Back to Player X, I would think teams like Coll, Melb, Giants & Blues would be very very interested and Ess would be back in round one of the draft plus an additional player.

Example (2) Player Y is approaching 100 games with good signs of improvement. Trade currency is medium to high right now and expected to be higher again in 2 years time. St kilda has shown interest for two years running now and are expected to offer a massive deal next year that we may not be able to match. Option (1) Extend contract now for a further 2-3 years. Option (2) Get Roosy (Draft picks), Silvagni (picks & player), West Coast (picks or player) on the line and ask for their best offer and trade on our terms, not the Saints.

Brief summary of reasoning... priorites are to balance age of list (AMOS views "tilt" as a dirty word),  return to round one of the draft, secure silk in front of goals, then add a bit of experience.

All off the cuff.

Trade good old guys, then trade good young guys, then try and fix the fact some idiot's just traded the best of the experience and talent on the list.

BRILLIANCE.

I would draft Boyd and trade for Ablett.

id offer zantuck a contract, and ben haynes too. BRING THEM BACK

Garlett, kid is top 5 in talent....I believe the club can really assist curb his off field issues.

not by The Age review of Draft. He needs work on his engine but is classy at times. Not top 5.. Twomey thinks top 10-25 at best
So would you use pick 22 ( if we get from the doggies ) on him if he is still available then?

if there wasn't another slider.. yes.

All off the cuff.

Example 1: trade Goddard to saints for pick 3?  :unsure:

Nah wait 12 months and trade to saints for pick 1. :wacko:

- Why would Pears be Fletches back up. If he isn't able to surpass Fletch this year then there is practically no hope for him. Stuff being security for a player, if they're better than why do they need to live in the shadow of another player. Pears has the potential to be the next Josh Gibson, he has the talent, but just lacks confidence.

- No clubs have shown interest in Jetta, stop the crap that trade him for a pick, cause we're not getting anything, stop the crap that we should include him in a package cause we're not getting anything. Best case for the club with Jetta is that he is delisted.

- If Crameri is truly gone, don't get rid of Gumby because he will be playing a vital role for the team. Daniher is only 19.

- Myers and 22 for Shuey is stupid. What's the point of giving away a midfielder for a midfielder + a pick. Myers is only realising his full potential, and the 22 will be vital for us.

- Draft a mature ruckman, a KPP, a ready man midfielder (e.g. Howlett) and small forwards with a ******* goal sense.

PS. We're not getting Adams.

PPS. I would 100% use pick 22 on Garlett.

Are you actually saying you wouldn't do that for Shuey? I believe Myers could be be a star, but have you seen Shuey play?

I would unequivocally prefer Garlett and Myers than Shuey.

FAIL

pick 22 no

our 40's pick maybe

60's or 80's pick yes

So what your saying is you don't really rate Garlett as a player.....you have you seen him play?

settle petal

I didn't say or suggest I didn't rate him as a player.

Your question was would you use pick 22 on him.

At 22 there will still be great talented players with appropriate attitude to become AFL players.

This is why Garlett could slide right out the other end of the draft.

It takes more than talent to make the most out of yourself and thrive in the AFL.

Can Garlett do that. I hope so. 

I hope we get him.

Would love to get him in the 80's

… I wouldn’t be taking advice from anyone on Blitz!

Crameri to Bulldogs - Pick 22 + round 3 & 4 swaps

Chapman FA - replaces Crameri for next 1-2 years.

Myers and Dempsey to Melbourne - pick 2 and 3rd rounder

Pears and round 3 pick to Collingwood for Shaw (replaces Dempsey, without the dodgy hammies)

Use pick 2 in draft for Aish from SA

Use round 2 pick for Garlett

gives us an elite forward/mid in Chapman (while Garlett develops)

gives us  potential elite mid in AIsh, costs us good/high quality mid in Myers and Dempsey

gives us potential elite mid/small fwd in Garlett, costs us good/high quality HFF in Crameri

gives us a high quality/elite HBF/mid in Shaw, costs us a potentially high quality defender in Pears and Dempsey.

While the Myers / Dempsey deal might seem high, I think you would need to offer something like that to get pick 2 and a 3rd rounder off Melbourne.

While I would not like to see Myers or Dempsey traded, I think we would come out ahead by the end of it.

Ok, I’ll play.

For starters, We should have a very clear idea of the intentions /wants of Myers, Gumby, Jetta, Pears. It’s crucial to know this before trades open and no doubt we have it sorted.

1st thing Monday, get a deal done for crameri if he’s determined to go. Talk of trying to send him elsewhere, work deals for shuey, blah blah blah is pie in the sky stuff. If it ends up #22 and johanisen (assuming we like him as a player), lock it away and send a message that we are reasonable people to deal with. Stu isn’t worth pick 4, he just isn’t, so don’t bother grandstanding and holding things up for 10 days. The variable would be if the dogs were also keen on another one of ours or a three way deal, in which case the deal needs changing. But whichever, do this early on so that we can move forward by Tuesday-Wednesday at the latest.

I’d need to know whether Gumby wants out or not. If he does, I’d trade him and try to get him to where he wants. For a second round pick. If he wants to stay, great. Stu leaving might open some extra chances for Gumby and lessens the drive to move him on, imo. Not sure we did Gumby too many favours selection wise this year either.

Myers I find hard to read. Does he really want to leave? Surely not? But either way, it’d require a really good deal to shake a contracted player loose. Especially since many think we need more solid bodies to help Jobe. If he wants to stay, don’t shop him at all. If he wants to leave, top 15 pick or quality player thanks. Bargaining power is ours on this one.

Pears is close to a must sign imo, particularly if both stu and Gumby leave, but I would still field offers for him, setting a high price on him. If he continues to come good, he’ll be worth a lot in 12 months. Preference is to keep him.

Leroy I would trade to a club of his choice if he’s wanting out. Contracted, but I think this is one where you just accept its time to move on. Third pick or fringe player of our liking.

For preference, I’d grab chappy for free. Or else if he’s cheap to get I’d look at Savage.

Pick 22 ( assuming we don’t snaffle an earlier one) I’d most likely keep and then use on best talented mid-biased player available. If we are looking at Dusty for 600k /4 years, I certainly wouldn’t be scared of Garlett at 60k /2 years if my scouts are telling me he is elite potential. Or someone like Hartung, or Acres - but really I’m not in a position to know specific players.

If we have another 2nd round , same again. Get the talent (by this pick of course its probably quite speculative) available.

And depending on how many of our talls are traded out, I’d closely consider Thorpe. In a draft with Bugger all key position depth, he might be worth a chat with.

If by some miracle we stumbled on a top 10 pick, get the best pure mid going. Don’t think of anything else.

pick 22 no

our 40's pick maybe

60's or 80's pick yes

settle petal

I didn't say or suggest I didn't rate him as a player.

Your question was would you use pick 22 on him.

At 22 there will still be great talented players with appropriate attitude to become AFL players.

This is why Garlett could slide right out the other end of the draft.

It takes more than talent to make the most out of yourself and thrive in the AFL.

Can Garlett do that. I hope so. 

I hope we get him.

Would love to get him in the 80's

So you haven't seen him play.

I'd trade Crameri, Gumbleton and Jetta for a player and 2 draft picks.

Look:

1. No one will give round 2 pick for Gumby. Best we can hope for is Round 3 or Upgrade from 4 to 3. It was really silly we didn’t take the deal last year from the Dogs, I said it then. If nothing gets done with Gumby this year, then we lose him for nothing. What a waste.
  2. Pick 22 and Myers is not going to get us Shuey when Eagles will have Pick 2 thrown at them by Melbourne.
  3. Pick 22 and Pears will not get us Adams either. Only if he was 4cm taller. Saints and a couple of other teams will throw everything at him.

Only player we possibly can try is Adams;
  • I would be trying to get Adams with Crameri

I would be tempting GWS with Crameri talk. If GWS get an interest in Crameri and get in his ear, and we get in the ear of Adams things can start rolling. With Patton recovering from ACL, with Boyd still probably not AFL ready they would love a mature tall up forward. This could be a straight swap. Tomlinson can go back.
  • Shop Myers around with Collingwood and try and get the pick 10. Which can be used on Adams directly. Adams will be better player than Myers, but not sure if it is worth upsetting the other players with that move.

I'd trade a good solid 80% of Blitzers to Bigfooty for absolutely nothing.