Imran Khan - still-to-be PM of Pakistan?

Not sure of the current rules but is he allowed a ‘runner’ for the rest of the march?

7 Likes

Agreed. Guilty as charged. We are all on a sticky wicket.

Bit of a sticky wicket for Immy

… like a Tiger

2 Likes

Immy racking up the score

24 in 24 hours

+7 more

They really don’t won’t him or her getting out. The ruling party must be scared of their popularity.

Pakistan is a strange country. For every step they take towards democracy, the army makes them take two steps back. I have been there once. I arrived at Lahore station the same morning that they threw President Ali Bhutto (father of Benazir) in gaol for corruption, he was later tried and executed. Three girls grabbed by the arm and said get us out of here. We never left the station but got the first train to Peshawar that we could, in a four berth sleeper, which we were careful to lock. So it was surprising to be woken by a conductor standing in our little berth asking for tickets. We didn’t ask him how he got in there, we were just glad to be far from Lahore. I crossed Pakistan from border to border in 20 hours. A couple of months later l had to journey back across Pakistan as l wanted to avoid going through Afghanistan. The trip back was much more memorable, and for better reasons.

1 Like

I spent two weeks in Pakistan in the late 80s…loved every minute of it (and I was there during Ramadan which made it even more interesting).

I tried twice to get into Pakistan in the mid/late 90s but it was starting to get very dicey. We originally had a permit to climb K2 but between the challenges of Pakistan and China (and the disputed Kashmir region), it all became too hard. I’m very sad that I probably won’t get there now.

PS I was part of the support crew, not climbing. I’m can be very silly, but I’m not that silly.

3 Likes

Khan’s party which has been banned and his candidates are running as Independents, look set for a massive election victory

Nobody quite sure what this means

Pakistan has an awesome ballot paper btw

3 Likes

Also functions as a horoscope

1 Like