Injury Update from the club

■■■■ sake.

Another underwelming season coming up.

again Nino, youre panicking. calm down Nino… its gonna be ok…

Getting the injury excuse ready if we have another poor start to the season.

Surely this sort of injury is the least of our concerns.
If anyone is going to get a hammy it’s better to be now than in a month.

He’ll still easily be ready for the round 1

2 Likes

The Hawks just had their 1-man engine go down for the season, Fark Carlton had their Captain/Quarterback go down for the season. We have two guys who will miss about 4 weeks of pre-season footy each. theyre both highly professional vice captains of the club who will give 100% in their recovery, theyre expected to play round 1, and if they dont, we have depth to cover them.

6 Likes

Shiel will replace Merret not sure we have anyone to cover Hooker. Hartley is useless and Zerk is not ready.

Would say Brown

Ambrose is decent.

1 Like

Well Ambrose, Brown, Hartley and Zerk is great depth.

Youre also underrating Harts. His lockdown work is his strength.

1 Like

Yep+ when he plays straight lockdown he is totally fine

2 Likes

Jan 19.

3 Likes

19 Jan 19.

The Bart, the.

1 Like

Hartley is not useless.

2 Likes

Mate Hooker and Merrett will be ready for round 1. We don’t need anyone to replace them

2 Likes

SWINGMAN Cale Hooker is in doubt to play in Essendon’s final preseason match … as his recovery from a hamstring strain continues to be slower than expected.The Bombers will be cautious with the 28-year-old, who first raised the issue in January.Essendon had hoped Hooker would have been fit to play in its first or second preseason match but he now looks set to have his first hitout in a VFL practice match … on Friday week.“He’ll certainly train this week, it’s just whether we think he’s done enough football training to play …,” Essendon performance coach Mark Harvey said on Monday.“If he trains well this week, there may be an opportunity he plays this week, but probably next week.
The Bombers are likely to field close to a full-strength side and may elect to use only a four-man interchange bench in a dress rehearsal for the Round 1 match

Double take? Fair enough. This article was written in 2017 !!!

2 Likes

Or we could just wait for him to recover for round 1?

I don’t know about you, but I place a HIGH level of importance on AFLX and these injuries certainly aren’t going to help our cause. Poor from the club not managing loads. Those plastic X trophies are ■■■■■■ hard to come by. Not sure where our priorities are tbh.

3 Likes

If Francis follows on from where he left off I don’t think hooker will be as important as he once was. Sure he is still our best option for the brute forwards but we will not be as reliant on him as we were for intercept marking

3 Likes

From all reports I think it’s fair to expect Francis will be better than where he left off

2 Likes

If Gleeson manages to get himself up, then he will help with the intercept marking as well.

3 Likes