Injury Updates

I didn’t realise Mutch’s injury. A frigging shattered knee cap???

Ambrose back for Walker would be huge, gives us a sniff I reckon

1 Like

Yes, apparently he ran into Younan in a VFL match.

Ambrose goes to Jenkins IMO
Hooker to Walker

Jenkins? I think you couldn’t be more wrong

1 Like

Ruck, forward ready to fire

Conor Walsh

Essendon ruckman Zac Clarke and emerging forward Jayden Laverde are expected to be available for selection in the Bombers’ important clash with Gold Coast on Sunday.

Both players missed last week’s comeback victory over Adelaide, but early signs are positive for the pair who have overcome illness and back soreness respectively.

“Zac’s tracking well, he was able to come in and do some training on Friday – some light running and light weights,” club physical performance manager Justin Crow said on Tuesday.

“He had a gastrointestinal issue, which is resolved. He’ll be in the main session this week and we expect him to be available.

“Jayden is good, he’s done all of the training this week.

“He had a knock to the back the week prior to the Adelaide game (against North Melbourne). He’s up and going and will be available.

Laverde should be ready to fire this weekend after overcoming back soreness. (Image: AFL Photos)

The availability of star Bombers Dyson Heppell and Orazio Fantasia for Sunday’s match is less certain.

Heppell pushed through some foot pain in an inspirational performance against the Crows last Friday, while Fantasia missed out due to a minor hip injury, and both Dons have some boxes to tick to prove their fitness for the game against the Suns.

“We have nine days (from the clash with Adelaide) into the Gold Coast game,” Crow said.

“We’re assessing both of those players day by day and we’ll be giving match committee the best information after main training on Thursday about whether or not Dyson or Orazio are available for that game.”

Regular ruckman Tom Bellchambers continues to make steady progress in his rehabilitation from a calf strain suffered in the Bombers’ defeat of Greater Western Sydney in round 15.

“We re-scanned Tom’s calf, it shows that it’s healing.

“He’s been slow, he’s still not running – he’ll do that when he’s able – but he’s showing some progression in terms of his ability to take weight through those legs.”

Tom Bellchambers is still approximately five weeks away from returning from his calf injury. (Image: AFL Photos)

Crow said young Bomber Irving Mosquito is “progressing well” in his recovery from a hamstring strain, but the small forward’s return is still to be confirmed once he is back at The Hangar following a trip home to Halls Creek due to personal reasons.

“He’s ducked back to Halls Creek for a funeral and he’ll be back with us in another week’s time. Then we’ll see where he’s at and keep building him up from there.”

Michael Hurley (shoulder), Kobe Mutch (knee), James Stewart (groin), Joe Daniher (groin), Devon Smith (knee) and Sam Draper (knee) round out the injury list.

2 Likes

RIP Bellchambers

Initially said about 5-6 weeks, still 5 weeks.

So every 3 weeks Tbell’s injury is reduced by a week. See you never big fella.

LAV

1 Like

LAV! He is going to beast mode the suns.

2 Likes

WTF is happening to Jimmy Stewart. Has had a groin forever!!!

Presumably has OP and they don’t want to say “yeah, we ran another tall into the ground. Oops”

6 Likes

Zac Clarke is so getting a new contract

5 Likes

Calves are unpredictable - see Kevin Durant. But good that it has responded

1 Like

I liked this post, but that’s not quite the right verb

If that is the case then please don’t tell me the future involves us rushing TBC back for a do or die Final only for his Achilles to give way.

1 Like

Does anyone know how Daniher is tracking recovery wise. What’s the normal recovery time for surgery on OP?

1 Like

I looked it up a while ago and it’s 8-12 weeks for surgical recovery, should be ready to start rebuilding his fitness and strength at the start of the preseason

1 Like

Draper will prob make his way back and debut for st kilda before Bellchambers is back running.

1 Like

It’s ok Whoosa thinks Draps is playing 200 games for us.