Installing a VPN

Anyone got one? Any suggestions or tips?

Running Windows 7

getflix vpn was super easy to setup. depends on what you’re doing too, torrenting might be worth looking at a seedbox, if its to stream us/uk services then a vpn is fine.

Ask Zaka. He drives one if I’m not mistaken.

Thanks Barnz looking into seedbox now

Dont need a seedbox, unless you plan on doing a lot of seeding to gain points or credits for private torrenting sites.

What you’re looking for is a proxy server, so all your traffic connects through that & scrambles/replaces your IP address. Theres some cheapish ones out there that will do that.

Also, I havent tried it yet, but there’s an installed program version of HOLA which I think does a next level up encryption than the browser add on version, which IIRC hides IP’s for torrenting.

Quoted Post

Dont need a seedbox, unless you plan on doing a lot of seeding to gain points or credits for private torrenting sites.

What you’re looking for is a proxy server, so all your traffic connects through that & scrambles/replaces your IP address. Theres some cheapish ones out there that will do that.

Also, I havent tried it yet, but there’s an installed program version of HOLA which I think does a next level up encryption than the browser add on version, which IIRC hides IP’s for torrenting.

my experience is only with private trackers rather than public

Buffered does the jobbie $100/year vpn

Got PIA
something Internet Access?

$40/year. No logging. Fair range of end points. The licence we signed up for is only 2 or 3 computers I think which works for us.

I use IPVanish. Has been great so far. I think its about $75 p/y.

Got PIA something Internet Access?

$40/year. No logging. Fair range of end points. The licence we signed up for is only 2 or 3 computers I think which works for us.

with pia too, up to 5 devices concurrently.

I’ve got pia as well. Speed is an occasional issue.

Is it just a simple sign up and login type deal? You have to download something as well?

Is it just a simple sign up and login type deal? You have to download something as well?

Download. But it’s incredibly simple and easy to use.

I just got TorGuard.
Seems okay. Not sure of the value of using it on other devices. Solely using on the iMac for now.

Yup.
Takes about 5 mins.
Dunno if there’s trial versions, probably?
Then sign up for the month trial of netflix at least.

Yup.
Takes about 5 mins.
Dunno if there’s trial versions, probably?
Then sign up for the month trial of netflix at least.

Sweet. I’ll try it out. Mainly because I learned that the US version has X-Files and ours doesn’t and I want to rewatch before the next season comes out.

Was using Hola.

Google Hola security.

Uninstall Hola.

Apparently ‘Zenmate’ does a similar thing without the security vulnerabilities. Anyone could use your computer on Hola.

Uninstall Hola.

I second the criticism on Hola. Dodgy deals going on there.

FrootVPN.

Torguard is the shizzle.
Internet speeds are like having no VPN.

Very happy with it so far.
Just need to figure out how to stream stuff and download apps from overseas on an iPhone.