Interchange and sub

gotta feel for the subs of the years in gf’s. could be their only game in a Gf and they had to sit on the bench for 3 qtrs cos some ■■■■ in a suit wanted to leave his impression on the game by changing a rule that didn’t need to be changed.

now it’s the cap on rotations. in a couple of years time no doubt they’ll change that cos their pathetic short shortsightedness has scewed up something that was never that bad to begin with.

AFL found a new way to make themselves look popular.

Introduce a crap rule, then look like a hero when you remove it!

Its a common move.
I remember as a kid, slurpees were $2.30. Then they went up to $2.50. But quickly went down to $2.30 again, along with a “PRICE DROP” sign.

Also, YAY no more subs.

$30 cones are back at Maccas!!

Consumers only remember the last thing. Unless there is an outright loss to them they flock like flies to poo.

Yay no more "I can't believe xxxxxxx is sub"
Shaun Edwards likes this.

I see Roos is getting his excuses ready for next year early. He reckons this disadvantages young teams.

I see Roos is getting his excuses ready for next year early. He reckons this disadvantages young teams.

What a flog.

I’d like to see another rule change…

the only way a player can leave the ground within two minutes of kicking a goal is on a stretcher. Otherwise the goal gets cancelled and the other team gets a free in their goal square.

I’d like to see them go back to 40 interchanges a game, excluding the 3 game breaks.

Tire guys out if they want to go hell for leather and flood the ball. Get back to one-on-one football that’s enjoyable to watch.

I'd like to see another rule change...

the only way a player can leave the ground within two minutes of kicking a goal is on a stretcher. Otherwise the goal gets cancelled and the other team gets a free in their goal square.

I’d like to see them go back to 40 interchanges a game, excluding the 3 game breaks.

Tire guys out if they want to go hell for leather and flood the ball. Get back to one-on-one football that’s enjoyable to watch.

So much this

What a flog.

Lol. If anything it hampers their development and progression

shredwards rejoices!

It’s Classic Coke.

Now to fix up the sliding rule and the chopping the arms rule.

Penalise guys who do the Goodes or Thomas caper, but not where neither player knows who’s getting the free, or where there’s incidental contact in the marking contest, but not pay frees like when Hooker’s arms were pulled away.

I'd like to see another rule change...

You really think tired players will mean more one on ones?
All I see is, in a close game, the team that is ahead with 18 players permanently positioned in their defensive half for 10 minutes making no effort to score
I also see a likely increase in teams just trying to kill time off the clock during quarters more often
Also fwiw I think Roos is right that the interchange (physically) favours more mature sides. Also expect to see another period of clubs drafting Mark Bolton’s in favour of Sam Mitchell’s.

edit also, this rule is ■■■■ for us because our scoring efficiency is terrible

What rule is going to be good for a team with terrible scoring efficiency?

Fair call lol
Meant more in terms of us never getting cheap, easy (ie non-physically fatiguing) goals from a mark and kick

Fair call lol
Meant more in terms of us never getting cheap, easy (ie non-physically fatiguing) goals from a mark and kick

Fair enough