Interchange capped at 120

Well, we'll see how it works. I hated the idea of the sub, but honestly think it has been a great move. Made the footy in the last far more traditional and longer kicking. I'm not thrilled with this change, but will wait to see the impact.

This. 

It has also lessened the impact of getting a game ending injury during the game. 

Another nothing rule that should be totally irrelevant but comes with a potentially game ruining penalty of a free kick plus 50 metres.

Just making a rule change for the sake of a rule change.

The sub rule was stupid enough as it is, which should have been 4 players on the interchange plus a sub if anything.

Capping interchanges means that each player has to spend more time on the ground and there for more likely to pick up an injury or have a brain fade and hurt another player eg. an accidental head high bump, or get hurt by another player through exhaustion.

I’m tipping right now there will be a record number of soft tissue injuries and suspensions next season.

Clubs average 133 rotations per game.

Afl reduces it to 120, but you can also rotate thru breaks which is 3x3 = 9. So a total  of 129 rotations per game under the new riles..

What a half-baked effort by the AFL - Looks like the coaches lobby won.

Should have been dropped down to 100 if serious.   

Clubs average 133 rotations per game.

Afl reduces it to 120, but you can also rotate thru breaks which is 3x3 = 9. So a total  of 129 rotations per game under the new riles..

What a half-baked effort by the AFL - Looks like the coaches lobby won.

Should have been dropped down to 100 if serious.   

130 if you make your sub during a break.