Interesting Articles

I’m wondering if we can get a thread going where readers post interesting articles from papers and the net relevant to our great club. Ideally, opinions of either the posted article or it’s author, should be kept to oneself.

This isn’t supposed to be a new ASADA bashing thread, just an opportunity to catch up on what’s happening in the media without having to pay (via a subscription) the wages of certain journalists who’s views you don’t necessarily share.

Take it away and go the mighty Dons!

I'm wondering if we can get a thread going where readers post interesting articles from papers and the net relevant to our great club. Ideally, opinions of either the posted article or it's author, should be kept to oneself.
This isn't supposed to be a new ASADA bashing thread, just an opportunity to catch up on what's happening in the media without having to pay (via a subscription) the wages of certain journalists who's views you don't necessarily share.
Take it away and go the mighty Dons!

I do not buy the papers any more, and consequently could not post anything, and I do not download any of that stuff either...... So think it is a great idea

Yeah, I’m the same. Cancelled my subscription to the Herald Sun and The Age last year. I’d love to have access to Chip LeGrande’s articles but damned if a cent of my money will go towards Patrick Smiths wage!

A good idea that the Blitz community will surely find a way to corrupt, destroy or compromise.

If it took the Essendon stuff to make you decide to no longer subscribe to The Age and The Herald Sun, then you have major problems. Just sayin...

A good idea that the Blitz community will surely find a way to corrupt, destroy or compromise.

Considering that most of the articles  for the forseeable future will be about one certain topic, what's the point ?

I personally think it should go the opposite way and ban any newspaper article mentions. Stop giving these bottom feeders what they want, attention.

Considering that most of the articles  for the forseeable future will be about one certain topic, what's the point ?

I personally think it should go the opposite way and ban any newspaper article mentions. Stop giving these bottom feeders what they want, attention.

Yep, especially considering most of it is clueless drivel.

Nope. Using posts to circumvent paywalls is illegal.

Interesting

[quote name=“Reboot” post=“145310” timestamp=“1394947239”]Nope. Using posts to circumvent paywalls is illegal.[/quote]

Illegal hey?

Good thing I don’t know what the hell circumventing paywalls means.

[quote name=“Reboot” post=“145310” timestamp=“1394947239”]Nope. Using posts to circumvent paywalls is illegal.[/quote]

Really, so it’s a copyright infringement then?

My apologies, I didn’t realise.

Could you gurge the thread please?

[quote name=“darkknightpheonix” post=“145307” timestamp=“1394946717”][quote name=“Noddy” post=“145303” timestamp=“1394946102”]

[/quote]

Considering that most of the articles  for the forseeable future will be about one certain topic, what’s the point ?

I personally think it should go the opposite way and ban any newspaper article mentions. Stop giving these bottom feeders what they want, attention.[/quote]

Oh come on… As soon as you hear mention of “fresh developments in the Essendon saga” or news about Dempseys hammy you shut the kids up and turn up the volume. Don’t pretend you don’t!

This is a way of getting that information without giving them the ratings boost or click count that they live for.