Intraclub match report - Saturday 1 Feb 2020

Because it’s him and not us.

Yeap, make sure there is no one sitting behind you?!! And keep the finger ready on the trigger!

1 Like

Hi Neil,

Please stop typing. We are waiting for Nackers.

2 Likes

Are we all hanging around here waiting for @nackers?

2 Likes

Shut up everyone, he’s replying

1 Like

ive had mother in law come and visit and go and done some washing had lunch, checked a couple of times must be close now.

everyone is explaining to their partner they are just waiting for nackers to reply

partner walks out of room with puzzled look and rolling eyes

8 Likes

You guys need to chill and let nackers do his thing.

Shut your clams Mike.

6 Likes

Well It’s been a bit of an interesting day today.

First the car breaks down and it takes 4 hours before I can get it towed back to our place. We have heaps of car parks but they are all undercover where it would be difficult to drop it off from the tow truck. So my partner parks our little convertible on the street in a permit zone so we have somewhere easy to park it.

As I’m sitting in the tow truck she comes out to move it from the spot while it’s bucketing down with rain. She finds it difficult to see behind as the tow truck is obscuring her vision and then proceeds to scrape all along the side of the car parked in front of her. She then reverses back trying to get the bits she missed first time while I’m watching on in a rather unimpressed mood.

We leave a note on the damaged car and then ask ourselves ‘we are insured aren’t we?’ A quick scroll through our emails shows no record of the car with our insurer. We ring them up and they also have no record of the rego number on file.

It then occurs to us that we bought the car from a WA owner and had it shipped across. It was initially insured with the WA rego before changing to a new number in Vic.

So at the end of the day all’s well then ends well. The car with the faulty fuel pump is still under warranty so will get sorted out next week as well.

There was something else I was going to write about??? Oh yes, the intra club this morning!

After all the wait it may be a bit of an anti climax as i didn’t see much. I think it started around 8am due to the family day, and training was finished by 10am. I didn’t get there until about 9.15 and really only saw about 15 minutes, so thus will be a bit of a mix of what I saw and what one of my friends who lives across the road and goes to nearly every training saw.

The game itself was over before I could get a good take on who and wasn’t playing and their various positions, so I can’t be too specific about that. But from what I did see:

Stringer was playing nearly full time mid. It’s one thing racking up possessions in an intra club, but it’s whole different scenario when you consistently pick up the ball in heavy track, weave or force your way through before getting a clean possession off. It was the closest to Dustin Martin I have sees from anyone.

Everyone was talking about a huge grab that Francis took before I got there, and he again looked very composed.

My friend said he was amazed at how quick McQuillan was in one chase earlier, he thinks he may be the quickest player at the club.

Cahill did a few nice things including a nice crumbing goal, and Townsend was again impressive kicking a couple of goals including outmarking Zerk in a one on one (He was playing predominantly forward)

Harrison Jones had spell in the ruck at one stage and I was very surprised to see him win the tap from Bellchambers, he has a great leap on him.

Apparently Phillips was also very good before I arrived, taking several very strong marks both on the wing and forward line.

I was also happy to see Bryan at one stage crumb the ball in the forward line in heavy traffic and have a snap on goal (which missed) but it was pretty nimble for a big guy.

Ridley was playing on McKernan when I was there and did quite well, was staying close and effected a couple of nice spoils with well timed leaps.

It was also good to see Daniher watching from the sidelines showing his support.

Another thing I noticed was a few kicks Ambrose did from the backline, they had a much lower trajectory than previously, much more of a punch and consequently a lot more effective, I think it’s something he has been working on.

Other than that not much more to report at this stage, I think most of the fit players played but it was over before I got the chance to have a good look for everybody. I know Redman sat out from a kick to the calf at the last session, but it was just precautionary and he will be back on Monday.

For those that may want to come down to training they will be training every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday until probably the start of the season.

124 Likes

Thanks nackers!

1 Like

Onya mate!

1 Like

Thank you nackers for the excellent report.

A few new names that one has to sort out who they are and where they play.

The news on Francis, today and earlier, is very encouraging and exciting. Ditto for Stringer. It gives one qualified hope for a good 2020.

1 Like

“That’s nice dear”

3 Likes

A few snaps from todays session:

23 Likes

And of course, all it means is they’re outplaying Essendon midfielders.

1 Like

Not suprised to see Jones win a tap against Bellchambers, he has great ruck craft just too undersized to be a proper ruck.

3 Likes

Yes he was playing.

5 Likes

@nackers 's car woes were the high(low)light. These things go in threes, so drive carefully for the next few days!!

2 Likes

And the other fella?