Investment advice

Markets will become unstable as positions as big as US$26billion are being unwound

1 Like

should cash some of that out, even if its just your 1K investment. these things are very up and down (Given price 2 weeks ago)

1 Like

read about that this morning, some said impact may be limited, and some said should sell everything.

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/asia-gauge-mood-block-trades-200635650.html

1 Like

Hey, AFR is free at the moment due to their recent hack attack - no paywall until further notice. yay.

They are in scarce supply. Ever shrinking.

Not sure what your going to do with storage @FuriousGeorge , they ainā€™t exactly liquid.

You could just sell it all off and enjoy the 42k. YOLO.

So what if it does up again, could go down again too, could stay flat, you could get hit by a bus tomorrow!

Although if you end up a crypto millionaire by holdingā€¦totallly get it.

Surely crypto is going to be the source of some serious inflation. Must be all those crypto kings and queens buying up Australian property.

Iā€™ll do what Iā€™ve done with shares.
Set a stop loss then sell if it reaches it. If it doesnā€™t, Iā€™ll adjust my stop loss.
Those two lesser cryptos I do want to sell at some point.

If the total value drops to $40k, Iā€™ll cash it in. Iā€™m basically gambling $5k for the chance it keeps going up.

88e & PRL

Letā€™s hope they are worthwhile investment unlike my dons membership!

I have some PRL shares

88E have followed, they recently struck oil.

Hey guys, I donā€™t want to read through the thread just yetā€¦but Iā€™m 30, saving very slowly and am looking to start investing. What advice would you give someone with that limited information straight off the bat?

all on red.

*not real advice.

Chuck it in your super

1 Like

Pay off your debt (home) first!
Costs more interest than you will earn (I presume)

Ethereum mark.2 could be the next biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggg mover.

Earnings on interest are taxed.

Preventing interest payments are tax free. Pay off debt, guaranteed return.

Then into super. Great tax incentives. Set your risk level higher when you are younger. Lower the risk as you age.

And otherwise, ETFs are great if you donā€™t know much. Aim to hold them for 5-10 years minimum.

Straight forward content with different objectives laid out in simple language.

1 Like

2 Likes

Ah, Passenger 57. One of the all time classic garbage movie.

1 Like

How does capital gains tax work?

If you buy an eligible asset and then sell at a higher price, you pay tax on the gain. Are you paying the same rate as your income tax rate?

It also looks like you could get a 50% ā€˜discountā€™ on the tax rate if you hold something for 12+ months.

Was just looking at this with respect to cryptocurrency (or shares I guess). CGT could eat up profits if youā€™re moving from coin to coin a lot.