Investment advice

My car is a Lexus, not a scabby Toyota.

Seriously though, is it a very good car and the service from Lexus is outstanding.

Probably don’t know this Bacchus (given the cars you’ve listed) but most of the cheap finance like 1% - 3% have a minimum spend.

I remember Ford wouldn’t do anything below 30k for example and Toyota was the same.

I tend to go 3-5 years for what I think is best value.
Also, someone trustworthy who actually knows about cars is essential.
I have never, and will never, buy a new car - for myself.
Company cars are a different matter.

That clip has a few errors, and doesn’t allow for some things.
His representation of ‘typical’ repair costs is practically useless, also, which throws it out a little.

yeh probably but the sweet spot pic is fair 2-8 years

Yep. But not really because of repairs. That’s way too vague and depends on the car and car brand and car type, you and your driving and driving habits, where you live, who fixes the car, the weather, luck, and so on.

1 Like

Fkg lol

2 Likes

#notsohumblebrag

1 Like

Only Toyota owns Lexus and shares many components.

Some just take life so seriously

1 Like

Aaron says hi

4 Likes

GAGF

I still remember the time someone started some sort of “medical advice” thread. Was hilarious til it was shut down. It only makes sense that we would make important financial decisions based on blitz!

Um…isn’t that the joke?

2 Likes

Just got a bit of financial planning done, and to be honest I felt we ended up doing most of the work.

Had a broker who we already used for the house loan, got us 2 more loans at better than what the financial advisor could source.

Agreed where we wanted to invest, and it was basically where all my super is going, strategy wise.

The big immediate saving was they were able to review and overhaul our super and insurance, fees etc, so that was worth it for the cost alone.

1 Like

My bad. Woosh.

1 Like

Investment advice.

If you don’t need a car(your average get about towner to your new sports car) , don’t own one.

Investing in cars is difficult. Some models appreciate once appreciated as a classic, or obtain cult status. The best buys there are usually had by a mechanic or dealer who knows the market and gets them off unsuspecting owners when trading.

Projects are never about money.

Edit BUMP :rofl:. Wheres the team?

2 Likes

When things are looking bleak with your investments returns, just remember these Bitcoin investor stories:

1. Thomas, a German-born programmer living in San Francisco, has two guesses left to figure out a password to his digital wallet that is worth, as of this week, about $220 million.

2. Abed, 34, an entrepreneur from Barbados, lost around 800 Bitcoin — now worth around $25 million — when a colleague reformatted a laptop that contained the private keys to a Bitcoin wallet in 2011.

3 Likes

So, I found this interesting, not sure how much truth there is, but you’d think it will have hedge fund managers looking to change the rules in their favour.

I’ll do a terrible job at explaining, but here goes.

The hedge fund managers are betting that the stock price of GME will go down, and they make money when this happens by ‘borrowing’ the stock and agreeing to buy the stock at the future price. I guess this is ‘shorting’?

Apparently they have been doing this pretty aggressively to GameStop numerous times. But they could do it to any stock.

So a bunch of day traders in Reddit who have seen the trends, have been buying the stock and inflating the price, so much so that the hedge fund has lost a ■■■■ load of $.

More and more investors big and small are piling in to push the price higher, make some money, and fark over the hedge fund.

Who needs crypto currency when you can just by real stocks.

4 Likes

i love it

further proof the stock market is just astrology but done on microsoft excel

4 Likes