Is Hayden Ballantyne Heading Our Way?

Found this hidden away on WAtoday

Fremantle goal sneak Hayden Ballantyne could be heading to Essendon, with the Bombers believed to have offered the 29-year-old a three-year deal.

Ballantyne is still contracted to Fremantle until 2017, but rumours have been swirling that the fiery Dockers forward wants out after the club’s dramatic fall from grace this season.

A friend to the Ballantyne family said Hayden has had talks with the Bombers recently and was seriously weighing up moving to Essendon if he can stitch up a three-year deal.

Don’t shoot the messenger here as I don’t think it’s a move we want/need to make…Fantasia is developing really well and I’m not sure having Ballantyne would help us that much.

Ballantyne’s form has been average at best the last few years.

Found this hidden away on WAtoday

Fremantle goal sneak Hayden Ballantyne could be heading to Essendon, with the Bombers believed to have offered the 29-year-old a three-year deal.

Ballantyne is still contracted to Fremantle until 2017, but rumours have been swirling that the fiery Dockers forward wants out after the club’s dramatic fall from grace this season.

A friend to the Ballantyne family said Hayden has had talks with the Bombers recently and was seriously weighing up moving to Essendon if he can stitch up a three-year deal.

Don’t shoot the messenger here as I don’t think it’s a move we want/need to make…Fantasia is developing really well and I’m not sure having Ballantyne would help us that much.

Ballantyne’s form has been average at best the last few years.

I agree. I am really happy the way the young bombers are progressing and melding into a team. I’d rather take chances with youngsters and get back our Baby Bombers title with a vengeance.

I think the 3 year bit would have to be bullshit… unless it was 2 with requirements.

Even then …

Yuck.

If he came cheap, why not. People say things like “we already have fantasia”, why not both. Depth is very important.

Ballantyne's form has been average at best the last few years.
49 goals in 2014 sounds pretty handy. Last year I think he was pretty injury riddled.

I don’t like the bloke mutch though

This is Mark Williams level of bad ideas.

No way that’s legit.

This is Mark Williams level of bad ideas.

No way that’s legit.

Fair comparison

Same way Hurley was headed to the dogs?

Im just happy players may see the club on the rise again,and a place there happy and comfortable to commit themselves.
…with the bullshit saga,mostly in the rear view mirror.
Whooooosh

Looks too small for the skeeta costume

I’d rather we just go with Josh Green in the PSD

He contracted for next year and would require a trade. Asked freo for a two year extension and got knocked back so probably looking for a three year deal. I can’t see us being up for it.

They all have to pass by the TVSC when they arrive in Melbourne.

Hell no, why would we bring him across the Nullabour to play VFL ?

If he was 5 years younger you’d do it

Similar things were being said about Betts and Garlett when they were available.
But we had superstars like…
Dell Ollio, Leroy Jetta who we preferred to waste our time on.

I think you could play Ballantyne as a deeper forward and Raz on the half forward flank pushing up into the middle when needed. It could transform our forward line into a very dangerous goal scoring one. You could argue we’d get 150 goals from Raz, JD and Ballantyne which would put you into Adelaide like goal scoring territory.

I don’t know who our other small forward options are (please don’t list midfielders like Colyer or Zaka as options) but I’d back Ballantyne to produce more than Eades.

Having said that, I wouldn’t trade anything of value for Ballantyne. Especially if we were confident we’d get Josh Green cheaply (late pick or PSD).

Also, I don’t think we’d be cutting the list deep enough to warrant taking on another aging player like Ballantyne.
I think we have more than enough aging players for a team that is supposed to be rebuilding.

I would prefer Green to Ballantyne.

Hell, I’d prefer Brad Green to Ballantyne. At least then it wouldn’t be a three year deal.

He contracted for next year and would require a trade. .

Kommer?

Actually, would rather keep Kommer.

I’d prefer us to take Green for so many reasons! Easier/cheaper to get, half his age, at this stage of ballantynes career green will be just as productive and has a chance to develope into more