Is this rat normal?

Copper should have permanently injured him so he can feel pain every day of his life

[media]
Dad dies after cricket training stabbing

A father has been shot by police at a cricket oval on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula, after his son was killed in an attack that has been described by authorities as "quite brutal".

A Victorian father who stabbed his 12-year-old son to death at cricket training at a sports oval last night has died.

Police said the father confronted officers with a knife when they arrived at the oval in the Mornington Peninsula suburb of Tyabb, near Hastings southeast of Melbourne, about 6.40pm (AEDT).

Four police officers tried to talk down the man, aged in his 50s, and used capsicum spray in an attempt to subdue him before shooting him once in the chest.

Emergency services were called and paramedics treated the boy, a local, for head injuries but he died at the scene.

The father was flown to Alfred Hospital in a serious condition but later died, Nine News reported.

The boy's mother was nearby at the time of the shooting and was said to be in shock.

Police were also interviewing young children who witnessed the attack that had shattered their local club's evening cricket training, which had just finished at Tyabb Cricket Ground.

"We've had an absolute tragedy here tonight," Southern Metro regional commander Doug Fryer told reporters at the scene.

"It's an horrific scene."

The cause of death is being examined, but Commander Fryer said the boy's injuries were "quite brutal".

He added that the incident was "complicated" and involved other locations, but he would not confirm or deny reports from witnesses on social media of an altercation between the father and the son beforehand, The Age reports.

"The exact circumstances surrounding the incidents are yet to be established," police said in a statement.

Police are urging anyone who saw what happened to contact Crime Stoppers.

The homicide squad was now investigating the boy's death and Professional Standards Command was looking into the police officers' conduct.

Tyabb Cricket Club junior cricket coordinator, Ron Dyall, told the Herald Sun the boy had played for the club for two or three years and was also an avid footballer.

"My own son plays in his team. I‘m trying to figure out how to break it to him, and how we‘re gonna deal with the kids," Mr Dyall was quoted as saying. [/media]

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/02/13/00/20/boy-dead-vic-police-shoot-father

WTF? He stabbed his own Son.

Special place in hell for this c***

Must be more to come out about this story.  It's so sad.

Interesting in the article its says about it being complicated and in other locations.

Sounds like a custody issue

Should we really be speculating?

Pretty horrid for all concerned.

that's well farked.

What the HELL

The father's condition is now described as satisfactory.

From the topic header I thought this would be about Abbott.

Sounds like a whole lot of issues, none of them very pleasant. Strange that the police feel the need to shoot him, when there are four of them and he has been sprayed. The father sounds seriously disturbed.  

Sounds like a whole lot of issues, none of them very pleasant. Strange that the police feel the need to shoot him, when there are four of them and he has been sprayed. The father sounds seriously disturbed.  

Spraying doesn't always work. Shooting does.

He went at them with a knife, allegedly.

Having been subjected to tear gas and pepper spray, I can assure you it won't stop a person determined (or drug/alcohol/mental illness affected) from coming at you with a weapon. Ironically, I've also been tasered (by Adam McPhee's father-in-law no less) and I can assure you once you are hit by those little wires, you are down and completely incapable of moving.

This is an appalling tragedy, whatever the circumstances, and it is made worse by it happening in front of other children.

Finish your tasering and…

Having been subjected to tear gas and pepper spray, I can assure you it won't stop a person determined (or drug/alcohol/mental illness affected) from coming at you with a weapon. Ironically, I've also been tasered (by Adam McPhee's father-in-law no less) and I can assure you once you are hit by those little wires, you are down and completely incapable of moving.

This is an appalling tragedy, whatever the circumstances, and it is made worse by it happening in front of other children.

Being pepper sprayed feels like someone just threw a hole bottle of hot devil sauce on your face. I copped some up at a wanderers victory game at parramatta last year. Brutal Stuff.

But if you are freaking peaking it wont put you down.

There are a bunch of kids, who were just being kids (going to cricket training), who are going to have to deal with this for the rest of their lives.

What a truly horrible story.

There are a bunch of kids, who were just being kids (going to cricket training), who are going to have to deal with this for the rest of their lives.
What a truly horrible story.

also, cannot even begin to think how this young lads mother is feeling/going through, so traumatic for all involved, police included. .

Funny story actually, mate reckons when that ■■■■■■■■ Pomersbach was pinched, he was pinging so hard that they tasered him 3 times and he just ran straight on, didn't flinch. Eventually needed several coppers to tackle him down. Big boy, wack job.

Truely sickening stuff. Wish I never even read it.