Jack Crisp

The way I am reading that deal is 2 separate 3 ways deals, based around the key players Ryder and Beams. They could be done completely independent of each other. 

Ryder deal - us, Lions and Port

Beams deal - Lions, Pies and Roos

One of Crisp's first matches was against us at the Dome a couple of seasons ago. He was a super skinny kid at the time but he showed a little bit. Then he basically disappeared until the last half dozen or so games this season. When he came back in his body shape had completely changed and he played some really good footy. I would love if he was to come and join our reverse exodus. 

One of Crisp's first matches was against us at the Dome a couple of seasons ago. He was a super skinny kid at the time but he showed a little bit. Then he basically disappeared until the last half dozen or so games this season. When he came back in his body shape had completely changed and he played some really good footy. I would love if he was to come and join our reverse exodus. 

Gerard? Is that you?

Gerard? Is that you?

Haha The difference was it took 2 seasons not 3 months!

I would be over the moon if we could get pick 17 and Crisp from this deal. Hope it works out. Pick 5 and Crisp would be even better. Maybe too good to be true. Let's hope this deal really heats up on Monday morning, if not sooner.

So he’s pretty much David Myers

So he's pretty much David Myers

Nah, much quicker,decent overhead and loves a goal. Contested work wouldn't be as good though.

Ryder and 20

for

Crisp, 5 & 25

I'd be very pleased with that.

Then 25 for Gorringe.

I'm not saying I've heard any of that is happening. I'm just speculating. And Ants, whilst they are separate deals, they wouldn't necessarily happen if they didn't know for sure the other ones would get done.
For example we wouldn't take 17 and 37 for Ryder but if we knew we'd get Crisp for 37 we'd take 17 and Crisp for Ryder.

True. But the second deal doesn't really need us and everyone knows North will take #25 already.
Well, we'll see how it plays out. Maybe we'll supply the mature player to Collingwood they want (Melksham?). Then we get get Crisp with something evening it out.
But I'll still be pretty unhappy if we cave and take #17 and #37 for Ryder. Way unders.

I'm not saying I've heard any of that is happening. I'm just speculating. And Ants, whilst they are separate deals, they wouldn't necessarily happen if they didn't know for sure the other ones would get done.
For example we wouldn't take 17 and 37 for Ryder but if we knew we'd get Crisp for 37 we'd take 17 and Crisp for Ryder.

I take it back, your not that clever as you used the word And after a full stop.

I take it back, your not that clever as you used the word And after a full stop.

Lol.

Ryder and 20
for
Crisp, 5 & 25
I'd be very pleased with that.
Then 25 for Gorringe.

Now we're talking

I would rather Green, not that I know to much about Crisp

Sourced from another forum but proposed monster trade with Crisp being the circuit breaker to work a little something like this:

Get your head around it:

GEELONG: In - Mitch Clark, pick 21 Out - Travis Varcoe, Allen Christensen
COLLINGWOOD: In - Levi Greenwood, Travis Varcoe, Pick 5, Out - Dayne Beams, Heritier Lumumba
NORTH MELBOURNE: In - Pick 25, Out - Levi Greenwood
MELBOURNE: In - Heritier Lumumba, Out - Mitch Clark
BRISBANE: In - Dayne Beams, Allen Christensen, Pick 37, Out - Pick 5, 21, 25, Jack Crisp
ESSENDON: In - Pick 17, Jack Crisp, Out - Paddy Ryder
PORT: In - Paddy Ryder, Out - Pick 17, Pick 37

Works for me. Fire up the fax machines.

Man, I have such a craving for bacon right now... real bacon. 

Port getting Ryder for 17 & 37 sticks in the craw

Sourced from another forum but proposed monster trade with Crisp being the circuit breaker to work a little something like this:

Get your head around it:

GEELONG: In - Mitch Clark, pick 21 Out - Travis Varcoe, Allen Christensen
COLLINGWOOD: In - Levi Greenwood, Travis Varcoe, Pick 5, Out - Dayne Beams, Heritier Lumumba
NORTH MELBOURNE: In - Pick 25, Out - Levi Greenwood
MELBOURNE: In - Heritier Lumumba, Out - Mitch Clark
BRISBANE: In - Dayne Beams, Allen Christensen, Pick 37, Out - Pick 5, 21, 25, Jack Crisp
ESSENDON: In - Pick 17, Jack Crisp, Out - Paddy Ryder
PORT: In - Paddy Ryder, Out - Pick 17, Pick 37

Or deconstructed:
Deal 1: Christensen for #21
Deal 2: Lamumba to Melbourne, Clark to Geelong, Varcoe to Collingwood
Deal 3: Beams for #5 and #25,
Deal 4: Greenwood for #25 (dependent on Deal 3)
Deal 5: Ryder for #17 and #37
Deal 6: #37 for Crisp (dependent on Deal 5)
What is it with people taking simple trades, adding them together and calling them a "monster trade"? And again, why would Essendon accept that from Port, and why would Collingwood cave on the deal they've been offered all week? If Essendon and Collingwood would accept those deals then Port and Brisbane would have wrapped up the trades days ago.

Crisp is a very good prospect. Good pace, very clean hands, tall but with a standout vertical leap, hard to beat in marking contests because he uses his bulk well to shield the ball, excellent in the clearances, awesome tackler has a kick as penetrating as Myers, seems to have a decent engine. Has added the ability to kick goals from the midfield and play as a half forward to his bow in recent years.

The one knock on him is his kicking. It was horrible in his draft year. His ball drop was just ghastly. Even though he tested well for kicking in the combine (many poor kicks have which is a bit of an indictment to the kicking test), his kicking is one of the principle reasons for being sent to the NEAFL for so long. During this period his ball drop has improved markedly and his kicking has been far more efficient as a result. He still tends to spray some and has a habit of overkicking his passes to leading forwards, but the improvement he has shown in that department to date is very encouraging. 

I think he plays like a poor mans version of the Paddy Dangerfield game, strength, power, raking kick and damaging up forward.

That is a mega deal and will provide a framework for future deals moving forward - AD