Jack Darling?

Darling has played 128 games and kicked 228 goals for West Coast since his debut in 2011.

Average

Want!

Hibbo pick should get this done (at absolute worst pick 19). If it become Hibbo for Darling then we win IMHO. Hibbo is replaceable whilst Darling gives us the cherry on top for our forward line for the next 6 years. Yes he isn’t perfect but he is a very solid footballer who kicks straight and will draw attention away from Joe. Better option than Patton as it means we don’t even think about touching pick 1.

Don’t forget that he’s only 24. His best football should be ahead of him.

flubberdud

After our kicking this year we should really be careful who we call duds. I reckon Woosha would get the best out of him & would really cause the defence some dramas with Joe & Hooker.

get a ready-made key position fwd-check
get a proven goal kicker-check
don’t have to sacrifice the only pick one we’ll hopefully ever see in our lifetimes-check
not give up too much for it, (either pick 19 or the Hibberd pick from the Dees)- possibly

It does seem like a good case for- especially if Woosha has faith in the guy. Self-belief can do wonders- just look at the Doggies.

People are seriously saying no to our biggest need in someone who can kick goals other than JoeDan?
Sorry but I don’t see Hogan/Lobb announcing Essendon as their destination of choice and we potentially have a forward who kicks 40+ regularly each year who is 24 looking like coming to us and people are still saying no because of his last finals game?
Give it a rest, he’s exactly what we need to complete our spine.

Do we really want a player that goes missing in big games?

Does the best newsbreaker in the business now write for a rookie footy fantasy website… if so, jeez he has gone down in his career.

West Coast are along way into Hogan by a few reports, is this why Darling loses his spot? #speculation

Melbourne in: Hibberd pick 12?(wce rnd1)
Melb out: Hogan
WCE In: Hogan
WCE out: pick 12 and Darling
Ess in: Darling
Ess out: Hibberd

Melbourne getting massively dudded there.

Darling is worth our pick 19 and Hibbo pick, if we are lucky we might get a 3rd rounder back.

This place is fkging nuts sometimes. Half the forum want VFL level players in their early 20s to get contract extensions because of their ‘potential’, while a kid (Darling is only just 24) who consistently averages 2 goals a game, tackles like a beast and has barely missed a game is ‘average’ and couldn’t possibly improve?

If he is genuinely available we should go HARD. Worst case scenario we have a 2 goal a game RELIABLE forward. Best case he is an all australian level forward entering his prime.

Melbourne in: Hibberd, 12,19
Melb out: Hogan, 26
WCE In: Hogan
WCE out: pick 12, Darling & Lamb
Ess in: Darling, 26, Lamb
Ess out: Hibberd,19

Do we really want a player that goes missing in big games?
One step at a time. Let's get to big games first.

There is no way this is even remotely true.

But for argument sake, yes I would take him.

Look, he’s not perfect but its a yes from me. If John wants him I want him.

He’s a big bloke, can kick goals and ready to go out of the square. Compliments JOEDAN. Can play the Patton role.

A 3 year deal allows time for Francis and others to get themselves fit and ready. As WCE want to offload him, Hibbo’s pick should do the trick. Allows us to use higher picks on Mid’s.

We have already won the draft.

Will be harder with Worsfold as coach. Would be a good get.

Come sit next to me, Darling.

People are seriously saying no to our biggest need in someone who can kick goals other than JoeDan? Sorry but I don't see Hogan/Lobb announcing Essendon as their destination of choice and we potentially have a forward who kicks 40+ regularly each year who is 24 looking like coming to us and people are still saying no because of his last finals game? Give it a rest, he's exactly what we need to complete our spine.
I don't see darling announcing us either. Motlop all the way thanks.
People are seriously saying no to our biggest need in someone who can kick goals other than JoeDan? Sorry but I don't see Hogan/Lobb announcing Essendon as their destination of choice and we potentially have a forward who kicks 40+ regularly each year who is 24 looking like coming to us and people are still saying no because of his last finals game? Give it a rest, he's exactly what we need to complete our spine.
I don't see darling announcing us either. Motlop all the way thanks.

Let’s say he does though… people will still say no to him coming here? I know we all have expectations of luring the best FA’s out there but we haven’t been able to do so for sometime because of the saga… It would be the first step in the positive direction

flubberdud
I know you are, darling, but what is he?