Jack Darling?

Hell yes.

He’s like the forward Hurley who can kick well for goal.

Team fit wise he’s exactly what we need IMO.

Will cost us a packet, most likely would need to involve pick 1

Next years first rounder (18) but ssshhhhhh.

If Darling came here as a trade. He would be our best traded in player since McPhee
apologies to Cooney, Giles, Edwards, steak knives,

West Coast are along way into Hogan by a few reports, is this why Darling loses his spot? #speculation

Melbourne in: Hibberd pick 12?(wce rnd1)
Melb out: Hogan
WCE In: Hogan
WCE out: pick 12 and Darling
Ess in: Darling
Ess out: Hibberd

Melbourne getting massively dudded there.

Darling is worth our pick 19 and Hibbo pick, if we are lucky we might get a 3rd rounder back.

This place is fkging nuts sometimes. Half the forum want VFL level players in their early 20s to get contract extensions because of their ‘potential’, while a kid (Darling is only just 24) who consistently averages 2 goals a game, tackles like a beast and has barely missed a game is ‘average’ and couldn’t possibly improve?

If he is genuinely available we should go HARD. Worst case scenario we have a 2 goal a game RELIABLE forward. Best case he is an all australian level forward entering his prime.

Darling would be worth that, if WCE weren’t trying to move him on…
Ok so maybe Melb get our pick 19 too and we get WCE pick 31?

Not buying it until @ eveything_footy tweets that Darling will nominate us.

Awaiting confirmation from Up Cooney Fark Port

do it, get 4 and 9 from GC, give west coke 9 and hibberd pick for darling and get ainsworth with 4.

Do we really want a player that goes missing in big games?

He will fit right in then

Interesting rumour. I don’t believe it but Darling did receive scrutiny after his performance against the Bulldogs in the Elimination Final. In particular his pulling out of a contest. A Simpson raised it publicly and had a veiled go at Darling’s commitment mentioning it wasn’t the first time. I still don’t believe he would want to leave West Coast but if a player feels like the coach has lost confidence in him then you never know. Wouldn’t come cheap.

Interesting rumour. I don't believe it but Darling did receive scrutiny after his performance against the Bulldogs in the Elimination Final. In particular his pulling out of a contest. A Simpson raised it publicly and had a veiled go at Darling's commitment mentioning it wasn't the first time. I still don't believe he would want to leave West Coast but if a player feels like the coach has lost confidence in him then you never know. Wouldn't come cheap.

May come cheaper than most think if WCE get Hogan. Salary cap will come into play seriously as will the need for a trade. As we saw last year with Carlisle a 3rd club can be the icing on the cake and in this case Hibberd might be the icing. Hopefully Dodoro is quietly offering to help WCE out by offering Hibberd for Darling as part of the Hogan trade.

Lol at people on here thinking that the Hibberd pick (26) is sufficient to get Jack Darling. Seriously?! Come on, open the other eye up!!

Darling kicked 53 and 42 in 2012/13 under Worsfold.
39, 26 and 44 under Simpson.

Could be getting an absolute bargain here if he returns to pre-Simpson form

Rumour says he wants to reunite with Woosha... would we have him?

http://www.fantasyfootballnuts.org/jack-darling-leaving-the-eagles-nest/

Jack Darling is set to leave the West Coast Eagles during the 2016 trade period.

The only FACT in this story.

People are seriously saying no to our biggest need in someone who can kick goals other than JoeDan? Sorry but I don't see Hogan/Lobb/Darling announcing Essendon as their destination of choice and we potentially have a forward who kicks 40+ regularly each year who is 24 looking like coming to us and people are still saying no because of his last finals game? Give it a rest, he's exactly what we need to complete our spine.

fixed

People are seriously saying no to our biggest need in someone who can kick goals other than JoeDan? Sorry but I don't see Hogan/Lobb/Darling announcing Essendon as their destination of choice and we potentially have a forward who kicks 40+ regularly each year who is 24 looking like coming to us and people are still saying no because of his last finals game? Give it a rest, he's exactly what we need to complete our spine.

fixed

Oh? Thanks for doing that, really value your input into the discussion.

Lol at people on here thinking that the Hibberd pick (26) is sufficient to get Jack Darling. Seriously?! Come on, open the other eye up!!

So they want to get rid of him, and he says, sure I’ll go, but only to Essendon. What does West Coast bring to the negotation, other than ‘we really want to clear the cap space and move this bloke on’. Other clubs are removed from the equation by Darling being happy to stay for the last year of his contract, which if all this is true, is not what WCE want. Where can West Coast take the upper hand in the negotations?

Not saying 26 will get it done, but his value is greatly reduced.

As long as we no longer have to wear white shorts Jack will be fine

fixed

Oh? Thanks for doing that, really value your input into the discussion.

I’m all for Darling if he was available but the news from people in the know here in the West is he has no interest leaving WCE and WCE have no interest trading him. So do I believe a fantasy group quoting a rumour or people that are actually involved in the football industry.

Our biggest need is a midfield that bats 12 strong on game day and probably 20 in the squad.