Jack Watts

WATTS MONSTERING PACKS

WAT

Actually, with Buckets gone, it sort of makes sense…maybe? Go on, shoot me down.

He's the pea heart/soft as butter/lack of any determination/no concrete position player we've been looking for.

well put Enki… Watts is weak. Hurls would kill him flexing his bicep as Jack walked innocently past while smelling the flowers.

NO

No way is Watts a key back. Hasn’t got the tools, and hasn’t got the body for it either. Tall, but light framed, his best asset is movement and disposal. Might be ok as third man up, or perhaps as a utility back, but best option as the go to option a la Suckling.

Jobe was a late bloomer, so was Ted Richards - both former private school boys. Perhaps the same destiny awaits Jack. Get him in the gym and he could make the grade.

Need to get him on Tren so he loses his marbles and doesn’t squib at the sight of a loose blade of grass.
Then I’d consider him.

I’d swap him for Melk in a heartbeat.

He’s got talent. That’s undeniable. His kicking skills are top notch. He has got brilliant pace. And he’s a nice size. I reckon if he wasn’t the first pick in the draft there would have been a whole lot less pressure on him, and he’d have carved out a nice career for himself by now. At a new club, expectations will be now where near what he experienced at Melbourne.

I wouldn’t have him anywhere near a key position. As a lead-up forward he could be effective. Definitely an unpgrade on Ambrose. Also, he could play half-back where his great ball use and ability to break up play with some run and carry could be of value.

I'd swap him for Melk in a heartbeat.

He’s got talent. That’s undeniable. His kicking skills are top notch. He has got brilliant pace. And he’s a nice size. I reckon if he wasn’t the first pick in the draft there would have been a whole lot less pressure on him, and he’d have carved out a nice career for himself by now. At a new club, expectations will be now where near what he experienced at Melbourne.

I wouldn’t have him anywhere near a key position. As a lead-up forward he could be effective. Definitely an unpgrade on Ambrose. Also, he could play half-back where his great ball use and ability to break up play with some run and carry could be of value.

imo it’s his great skill set that has made him even more of a failure so far.
If he were a video game character he’d be in the top 5-10 players in the AFL

I’d swap him for Melk - but I don’t think Melbourne would go for it - they’d want more I feel.

I’d then play him on the FF line as a FP/FF in a simliar role to what Gunston plays at Hawthorn or what Hardingham does in the VFL. The reason he hasn’t been successful is that he plays all around the ground and I think saying to him that he’s going to be a forward all year (which he was drafted as) might do him wonders. Leave Daniher CHF and then Hooker can go back and swing if need be.

Holy ■■■■ you guys are ■■■■■■■ crazy. Wouldn’t want this marshmellow anywhere near our club.

I can’t believe we go through this every friggin year.

He’s got talent, that’s always been evident. But he physically isn’t up to playing AFL, and that’s always been his issue. A new start isn’t going to magically make him tougher.

And I don’t use the ‘soft’ tag very often with AFL players, as in most cases it’s completely hypocritical for me to do so.

Watts is a pretty unique case.

Could be handy out on a wing I reckon.

*if he grew even a small pair of nads

I am with Dill. Probably not a straight swap for Melksham but I’d take him for pick 50ish or (preferably) later. Love him as a delisted free agent but I doubt that’d happen.

Tie his leg to Harley Bennell and force them to live together as the regular odd couple. It could be beneficial for both of them.

oh the zany adventures that will transpire

I come in here for my daily dose of excitment. Imagine my disappointment when the Bennell thread hasn’t moved and there is a new Jack Watts thread with 52 posts ! Jeez Louise, no thanks.

Lock him in a shipping container with Baguley for a couple of days. Either he comes out toughened up, or you hose out the remnants and move on.

Carlisle for Watts and their second pick?

I could see Watts playing the Wellman role, tallish HBF providing run and drive out of the back line. Much as I love the hardness of Hibberd, no-one could argue that his skill set is anywhere near Watts’. Yes he is softish, but I think the weight of expectation at Melbourne has cruelled him. A lesser role and responsibility at a different club might just bring out of him what everyone saw in him as a junior. Not adverse to chasing him.

Lock him in a shipping container with Baguley for a couple of days. Either he comes out toughened up, or you hose out the remnants and move on.

Wouldn’t need a couple of days. Half an hour, tops.

Carlisle for Watts and their second pick?
We would do that in a heartbeat, Melbourne probably not.